Ideamaker has problems with top infill in some cases

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
mafo

Ideamaker has problems with top infill in some cases

Postby mafo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am

Hello.

I don't know if Ideamaker need improve this aspect but I have been having problems with the slicing in some pieces like that.

and I have problems with the top solid infill after the normal infill. The extrem of this top infill is printed in the air so many times I have problems because is a disaster with te next layers because they never have other layers to supports them.

look this pictures:
This is before to the top solid infill

then look where is the extrem of the infill. you can see that is in the air in the middle of the honeycomb infill so that is imposible in the FDM printers because the layer going down unless it have a perimeter to stand the extrem.

the next layer is the same, over the last infill but a little bit outside and in some case make a 1 perimeters and in others parts any.

And the same for the next 5-6layers, some times 1 perimeters some times not, and the extrem of the top a little bit outside.

And then, we have the real perimeters over the infill

So... I have 2 printers, with one I use Scil3r Prusa Edition and with my N1 dual I use Ideamaker. with Slicer I don't have this problems because always make perimeters before the top solid infill to stand it but I have had problems many times with this type of slicing in Ideamaker with the solid infill in the air.

some idea? the software need improve that?

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ideamaker has problems with top infill in some cases

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 am

I guess you mean Slic3r?
Would you mind share the gcode file of the same model sliced by Slic3r without similar issue you mentioned above?

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:09 pm

This is a chronic problem I run into with IdeaMaker as well. It would be very nice if a perimeter, or internal shell, were formed to support top level solid infills on prints with lower percentage infills.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 am

We are trying to develop similar feature in ideaMaker, but still sometimes meets issue that perimeter lines drop into the gap in infill.

mafo

Postby mafo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I guess you mean Slic3r?
Would you mind share the gcode file of the same model sliced by Slic3r without similar issue you mentioned above?

I am seeing tat Slc3r has the same problem with piece... I never haven't had problems with that :?
Slic3r show the sames problems less some little differents slicing tat maybe improve the result.

with the same settings.

the top infill show the same but Slic3r make a simple little perimeter. It is showing in red colour. Ideamaker make the same perimeters but in less quantity. So I will have the same problems with both softwares.

And other difference is when Ideamaker go up the infill go outside a little like I showed in the pictures, with Slic3r not. It make all in the same line.
Untill arrive to the top and then go outside so this maybe will improve the results too.

So... the solution is make for Infill density and then I will have less air plastic...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 am

Thanks for your pictures.
I think we are having similar thoughts as shown in your pictures that adding an extra parameter before starting printing infill.

Return to “Software”