Next Release suggestions

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
mmoraes80

Next Release suggestions

Postby mmoraes80 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello, Happy New Year!

As a very happy user of ideaMaker 3.3, I have a few suggestions for the next releases to make it an even more awesome slicer.

1- Ability to open the profile settings window without needing to load a model first.

2- Skip the initial profile window (Infill, # of shells, platform additions and supports) when the it is double clicked and go directly to Advanced options.

3- Integrate the Group and Layer settings and Per Model Extruder settings inside the slicing profile, instead of having it separately and overriding whichever profile being used. It is very easy to forget those settings active when changing models and print jobs and, usually, we need to abort the print job.

4- Temperature tab: the Primary Extruder temperature setting input is redundant if we are using the Temperature Control list (which I believe, 99% of us do) so we could simply stick to that and remove the Primary Extruder temp input. The same applies to the Heated Bed.

5- Other tab: Pause at height. Add the option to pause at a layer number also and to add a custom gcode other than the specific Raise3D M2000 command.

6- Mixing hotend settings feature. Currently, we are able to change extruders but not mix them if a mixing 2 in 1 out mixing extruder is present.

7- Single window instance for Model view / Slice preview.

I understand it is a lot to ask but I thought it would be worth doing it.

Thank you for this awesome slicer and keep up with the great work!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Next Release suggestions

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 am

Thanks for your suggestion! Here are some feedbacks from us to your comments.

1. You can find it under Slice -> Manage templates.
2. Added into developing list.
3. When you try to override some settings, ideaMaker will ask you whether you want to save it into your profile. Or you can import the settings from your profile file or .idea file.
4. We'd still like to keep this option so that people who are just beginners won't use Temperature Control List may still need it.
5. You can have your custom commends for Pause at Height under Printer Settings -> Advanced.
6. Will forward to software team to discuss.
7. Added into developing list.

mmoraes80

Postby mmoraes80 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:22 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Thanks for your suggestion! Here are some feedbacks from us to your comments.

1. You can find it under Slice -> Manage templates.
2. Added into developing list.
3. When you try to override some settings, ideaMaker will ask you whether you want to save it into your profile. Or you can import the settings from your profile file or .idea file.
4. We'd still like to keep this option so that people who are just beginners won't use Temperature Control List may still need it.
5. You can have your custom commends for Pause at Height under Printer Settings -> Advanced.
6. Will forward to software team to discuss.
7. Added into developing list.

Thank you for the quick reply! Below are my comments to your feedback.

1. I did not know about this. I always click on the Start Slicing button (it might as well do the same)
3. I will try this option a little more
4. Is that possible to have a place holder for the first layer value in the extruder / heated bed control list? I normally use the {temperature_extruder1} and {temperature_heatedbed} place holders in my start GCode and these are linked to the Primary Extruder / Heated Bed temperature values only, so if you are using the control list, you always need to update both values in order to get your start Gcode working properly (see below). One easy to do this would be switching from normal / advanced mode where place holders would automatically define the place holder value based on the selected mode:

if ADVANCED_MODE = TRUE then

EXTRUDER_CONTROL_LIST(1).Value
HEATEDBED_CONTROL_LIST(1).Value // where (1) refers to the field index of the list

else

PRIMARY_EXTRUDER.Value
HEATEDBED.Value

end if

5. I have never paid too much attention to that section when setting up my printer. Good to know!
6. Can't wait to hear their feedback!!!

Thank you!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:56 am

If the user only sets temperature for layers after the second layer, then there will have no value can take from control list for the first layer and preheating if there is no nozzle temperature option.

mmoraes80

Postby mmoraes80 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If the user only sets temperature for layers after the second layer, then there will have no value can take from control list for the first layer and preheating if there is no nozzle temperature option.

In this case, the control list value would also be defined by the first layer number available.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:44 am

It is hard to guarantee that everyone fill this list from the first layer, someone may only want to fill one change after certain height.
If needed, we can consider open related Placeholder for this list. But please be careful when trying to use it.

Return to “Software”