History of Ideamaker?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Thomllama

History of Ideamaker?

Postby Thomllama » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:15 am

SO been using Ideamaker on and off for some time, more and more since last update. I mentioned it in a tweet to a friend and also stated a little tidbit I heard rumored that one/some of the people behind Ideamaker were originally from S3D .... is this true? People are asking. Either way can we possible get a little short history of the software just for info/fun and to have correct general knowledge throughout the community? Would be great to have definitive knowledge.

Great Slicer by the way!! this last update was a major plus for me!

thanks

Thomas

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: History of Ideamaker?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:44 pm

Hah! No, our software team has no relationship to S3D.
The main developer of ideaMaker is one of the Co-Founders of our company.

Snow

Postby Snow » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Well, I wish the Cofounder would have taken the time to write a manual for the software. For those of us new to 3D printing and Ideamaker it is just a big black box. We have to guess at what most of the settings do and how to apply them. It is all random guess work. For example, CarbonX (and polyflex, or others) flow like a dream when loading but they clog the nozzle when printing. So, with no guidance from the software and the scant information provided by the manufacturer and online (just suggested hotend temperature, bed temperature, and surface) Assuming I can make the stuff stick to the print surface (a whole other area of experimentation), I start experimenting. I first go through temperature changes for the hotend. If the blockages extend way up into the throat of the hotend, I back the temperature down, otherwise I go up. If none of the temperature changes work, and I have gone beyond recommendations on both the hot and cold ends, what do I do? I don't know. There is no guidance here, just an assumption that we know what to do. Sometimes I try a bigger nozzle. I change the speeds. Sometimes I change the layer thickness. I have experimented with flow rates percentages but I don't even know what that really does -- increases the flow rate I guess -- but what are the limits and when should we use this? Anyway, would someone please write some documentation for the software? What is a shell? Why choose 1 shell or 60? Almost every item in the software is an unknown to me. Why would I change the number of shells or their overlap? Why would I have a different inner and outer shell speed? Somebody obviously knows this stuff -- why the hell don't they take the time to explain it to the rest of us. It would make our lives so much simpler and save us so much time.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:23 am

We do have a full User Manual of ideaMaker. If you still feel unclear about some settings, please feel free to contact our technicians at http://help.raise3d.com.

Return to “Software”