Two bugs

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
dmtulsa

Two bugs

Postby dmtulsa » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:16 am

I believe these are bugs, I could be wrong.

1. Stop print stops the printing but the message stopping print never goes away and you can't do anything else. I have to cycle the power (Reboot) to clear it. Doesen't matter if fast stop is on or off.

2. In Ideamaker when uploading a print it doesn't name it properly. It always uses the name of the first item uploaded.

Printer: N2 V2 Dual

Ideamaker ver 3.3.0.2343

Firmware 1.1.6.rev1

Touch ? I can't get to it right now but downloaded it a couple days ago so whatever it the latest version

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Two bugs

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:15 am

1. Did you enable Fast Stop on your printer? Would you like to export the serial log if you can recreate the same issue again?
2. Do you only meet this issue when slicing with .idea file but not with .stl files?

dmtulsa

Postby dmtulsa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:12 am

Yes fast stop is enabled. There's a couple more odd things. I may have to upload a .stl 2 or 3 time before any changes I made show up. For example, If I change the printing temperature it doesn't update . It also gets stuck in some code or something because if I ask for 205 after uploading a few times it shows 205 is the set point but the tempature stops increasing at 195 and will not go above that. If I change the sey temperature at 195 it will only heat up to 185. always 10 degrees. Where's that setting at? how do I get get back?
Also the start print at random spot or fixed position do nothing. It always starts in the middle. I'll try going back to the last version of ideamaker. If it works okay I'll post that.
Thanks
Doug

dmtulsa

Postby dmtulsa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:17 am

I went back to ideamaker 3.17 and this time it uploads correctly but the tempature problem is still there 10c off low. havwnt test the othe issues because it won't print due to not getting to set temperature.
So I loaded up slic3r and I set it to 205c but the printer thinks its 250 and this time it stops 20c below set point at 230. I've checked everything I can think of. The temperature limit is default at 310c so I don't think that's it. I even disabled the limits to no avail. Ask for 205 it goes to 195 ask foe 200 it goes to i90 I give up for now Any Iideas? BTW I tried Cura also and got same thing so maybe ideamaker is off the hook. it's something in the printer.

dmtulsa

Postby dmtulsa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Well it turned out to be the PID settings. I ran them again a couple times in auto mode and the temperature problem went away.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 pm

The temperature issue does look like PID settings.
Are you still having issue with print stop? Would you like to share me your serial log if you still have stop issue?

Return to “Software”