[BUG][IM-3.3.0] Placing Models on Platform not working

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
KS_Husker

[BUG][IM-3.3.0] Placing Models on Platform not working

Postby KS_Husker » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 pm

I really like the updates in the new Ideamaker but today at work I ran into a problem where it would not place my models on the bed. They were designed in odd locations in space around existing Engineering parts. When brought into ideamaker they come in at those odd angles and I could not do anything to get them to sit flat on the build platform. I just had to keep tweaking the rotation degrees until I could get them to "Look" flat and print normally. It was pretty annoying.

In case it matters, these parts were designed in Inches and exported as an stl in inches. Then brought into Ideamaker and scaled when asked with the prompt as they were added.

I cannot attach these files as they are proprietary. But I can probably create something similar in a similar situation if needed for your testing.
Please let me know if you need this.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [BUG][IM-3.3.0] Placing Models on Platform not working

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:14 pm

If you'd like to share us some files that can replicate this issue, that will be perfect. Because I have tried several models on my hand, I can't see the similar issue.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Nevermind, it was my mistake. You software works great, I was just thinking that the "Put models on platform" meant to lay them flat on the platform. It just makes them touch the platform in whatever orientation they already are in. The "Lay Flat" tool is what I should have looked for. That would make more sense I guess.

Sorry to hold you up. Lay Flat works perfectly.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:07 am

Thanks for your update!

Return to “Software”