Bugs in IM - Mac 3.3?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
pjyarnall

Bugs in IM - Mac 3.3?

Postby pjyarnall » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 pm

After I slicing a part and uploading, I deleted that part and started a new part. After slicing the new one the window, "Estimated Print Result", which is used to preview, upload or export, still showed the previous part name(!). The wrong name persisted into the "Select Printer" window. I renamed it before uploading to its proper name, but this is not good.

This behaviour persisted through several new iterations of the same part.

I also found that IM lost connection to the printer (on a network via cat 5) during the day and simply would not reconnect. I had to dump the part out of IM close IM and restart IM... which always comes back with an "allow or not" window popup from the Mac OS. This has happened before when I turn off the printer for one reason or another and then restart it, but never without shutting down IM or the printer.

This is very annoying.

Thanks for listening. :x
Pro 2

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Bugs in IM - Mac 3.3?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Whether you have deleted all the old models before importing the new ones to slice?
Would you share some screenshots to show how you replicate this issue? I tried several times, but the estimated window always shows the last one's name.

Have you updated both the firmwares to be the latest version on printer to work with new ideaMaker?

Return to “Software”