Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
claytony565

Re: Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Postby claytony565 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
claytony565 wrote:I just did all of the updates and now the holes on my parts are out of round? Is there some kind of offset that changed?

Would you like to share the .idea, .gcode and .data files with us to test?

It turns out it was a broken coupler, it just so happened to be at the same time I had done the updates.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 pm

claytony565 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
claytony565 wrote:I just did all of the updates and now the holes on my parts are out of round? Is there some kind of offset that changed?

Would you like to share the .idea, .gcode and .data files with us to test?

It turns out it was a broken coupler, it just so happened to be at the same time I had done the updates.

Thanks for your update!

DeX

Postby DeX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

RaiseTouch _ Advanced _ Load/Unload Timeout settings:
I may set numbers between 5 and 999999 sec but it turns into minutes then! not seconds. check it please!
thank you!

Upd.
wait a minute: load and unload what? filament or gcode?! :D

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 am

DeX wrote:RaiseTouch _ Advanced _ Load/Unload Timeout settings:
I may set numbers between 5 and 999999 sec but it turns into minutes then! not seconds. check it please!
thank you!

Upd.
wait a minute: load and unload what? filament or gcode?! :D

It is for filament load and unload.
It should be a bug, should be shown in minutes.

DeX

Postby DeX » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:It is for filament load and unload.

Great! No more extruded kilometers of a filament on the floor! :lol:
I would set it to 1 minute.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Just to toss some general info out for the few people that will find this on page 2 of this topic...

Ideamaker 3.3.0 seems to be handling a 165MB .stl file just fine. The object is roughly (in inches) 3x3x10 in size, mostly hollow and contains 15 million triangles. Slicing of the model for my pro2plus took roughly 30 seconds on my machine (it honestly took longer to open the file in ideamaker than it did to slice it). The only semi-expected downside is when trying to freely rotate the object in ideamaker, there's a lot of visual lag (and I have a fairly powerful computer). It seems the CPU is handling the calls to rotate the object, might I suggest offloading some of that to the GPU (need a check in code to make sure one is present, and perhaps ask the user if they wish to do this)?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:19 pm

The main burden for ideaMaker is it is analyzing the model during loading to calculate all the triangle surfaces and whether there has any error on model. And the model will be place onto the build plate after rotating by default. It is in CPU. You can disable this option under Preferences.

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
AFTECH wrote:Hi and thanks for this new versions
I've got a first issue while using these updates
Speed pause/stop was enabled but for some printings i already use a "pause at height" in the gcode
If the pause/stop is enabled every time i want to resume the printing, the printer try to print and then go back to pause with the message "the user M2000 paused the print"
If i disable speed pause/stop it works as before the update.
I also had a problem yesterday morning the extruder lowering actuator became crazy and moved both hot ends at high speed non stop.
I had to turn off the power supply to stop it

With the Fast Stop enabled, the print pause will have delay compared with Fast Stop disabled?

The extruder issue might be related to new update, we optimize some default values in firmware which can only be processed properly with touchscreen reboot after complete the new firmware update.

No with the Fast Stop enabled the print pause at the right height but it's imposible to resume the print after that.
So i've disabled this function and now it works
But for dual extrusion i don't know why there's no purge when i use dual extrusion

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:57 pm

AFTECH wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
AFTECH wrote:Hi and thanks for this new versions
I've got a first issue while using these updates
Speed pause/stop was enabled but for some printings i already use a "pause at height" in the gcode
If the pause/stop is enabled every time i want to resume the printing, the printer try to print and then go back to pause with the message "the user M2000 paused the print"
If i disable speed pause/stop it works as before the update.
I also had a problem yesterday morning the extruder lowering actuator became crazy and moved both hot ends at high speed non stop.
I had to turn off the power supply to stop it

With the Fast Stop enabled, the print pause will have delay compared with Fast Stop disabled?

The extruder issue might be related to new update, we optimize some default values in firmware which can only be processed properly with touchscreen reboot after complete the new firmware update.

No with the Fast Stop enabled the print pause at the right height but it's imposible to resume the print after that.
So i've disabled this function and now it works
But for dual extrusion i don't know why there's no purge when i use dual extrusion

Thanks for your information. I check with the software team. They found some bugs with FastPause working with pause code. Please temporarily disable it. We will fix the bug.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:02 pm

Raise3D Team and Community,

Has anyone else experienced a sudden occurrence of blobs and zits post upgrade to the new firmware, touchscreen, and ideamaker software?

Take a look at the photo attached. Item o the right is prior to the upgrade. Item on the left is post the upgrade. I’ve even tried printing it twice to ensure the first wasn’t just a fluke.

Also, both attempts the printer crashed on the wipe tower and thus started stringing filament everywhere.

I’m using my original slice profiles and geometry.

Can you help me understand what is happening?
Attachments
47465DC3-EC67-4C8E-8179-F141AE808654.jpeg
Photo of Issue

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 pm

TheDude wrote:Raise3D Team and Community,

Has anyone else experienced a sudden occurrence of blobs and zits post upgrade to the new firmware, touchscreen, and ideamaker software?

Take a look at the photo attached. Item o the right is prior to the upgrade. Item on the left is post the upgrade. I’ve even tried printing it twice to ensure the first wasn’t just a fluke.

Also, both attempts the printer crashed on the wipe tower and thus started stringing filament everywhere.

I’m using my original slice profiles and geometry.

Can you help me understand what is happening?

Do you still have the old one's gcode and data file on hand?
May I ask the stl, gcode and date files for both old and new prints to have a look?

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:53 pm

I've just updated the firmware to 0-0-.66.
The bed movement is so slow to initially get near the extruder.

Here is what happens;
Once the extruders/bed are up to temp the bed moves up to find home = normal speed as before firmware update.
Once it finds home the bed drops down and then real slowly creeps back up before printing the thick line on the bed.
Before the update, it wasn't so slow.

How do I speed this up?
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Spud wrote:I've just updated the firmware to 0-0-.66.
The bed movement is so slow to initially get near the extruder.

Here is what happens;
Once the extruders/bed are up to temp the bed moves up to find home = normal speed as before firmware update.
Once it finds home the bed drops down and then real slowly creeps back up before printing the thick line on the bed.
Before the update, it wasn't so slow.

How do I speed this up?

We update this to improve homing accuracy of the Z for first layer height
It should be wrote inside firmware code, not able to reach to edit.

Spud

Postby Spud » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We update this to improve homing accuracy of the Z for first layer height
It should be wrote inside firmware code, not able to reach to edit.

The higher speed didn't show any accuracy issues. It was dead-on.
Now its just slower....painfully slower.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Return to “Software”