Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
melissa.wills

Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Postby melissa.wills » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Since we launched the new Pro2 Series in March of this year, a significant share of the development has been happening "under the hood" of the printer. Lately, however, we have doubled the size of our team (and growing), we've improved our quality assurance processes, and we have listened to and analyzed feedback from all of you.

All of this is resulting in big improvements and accelerated development. That's why it is of vital importance that these updates be installed as soon as possible to experience more new features and enhancements to your Raise3D Pro2 Series printer.
For more details: https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/pro2-series-updates

Major Revamp of Firmware Settings for the Pro2 Series Download
Motion controller board update is only for the Pro2. Do not install on N Series as this can brick the MCB.

⦁ Significantly improves motion junction system
⦁ Provides smooth and clean acceleration
⦁ Reduces artifacts and blemishes

ideaMaker 3.3.0 Update- More Robust Than Ever for the Pro2 and N Series. Download
Raise3D Engineers programmed over 60 improvements, bug fixes and upgraded features!

⦁ Improved slicing algorithm
⦁ Optimized travel path for a cleaner print
⦁ Improved slicing templates to enhance print quality

RaiseTouch 1.1.0 Download
More control, right at your fingertips. This update is for both the Pro2 and N Series!

⦁ Low Current Mode (For Pro2 Series Only)
⦁ Fast Stop (Fixed for the Pro2 Series)
⦁ Export Time Lapse (For both Pro2 and N Series)
⦁ Developer API (For both Pro2 and N Series)

Thank you for your continual feedback and support!

tja

Re: Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Postby tja » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:47 am

Wow, that's an impressive list of improvements / changes / bug fixes, I'm looking forward to trying 3.3.0. Well done R3D team

simon

Postby simon » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:14 am

I notice that the acceleration overrides have been removed from the Pro2 templates in ideaMaker. Is this correct? After installing all these updates my usually quiet Pro2 now sounds like it is trying to rattle itself to pieces!!!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 am

simon wrote:I notice that the acceleration overrides have been removed from the Pro2 templates in ideaMaker. Is this correct? After installing all these updates my usually quiet Pro2 now sounds like it is trying to rattle itself to pieces!!!

As we mentioned in newly update release page, we have optimized the acceleration values for Pro2 templates. So we set the override to be disable by default. If you need to print with your own settings, you can check the overriding and change the values.
For the abnormal movements of your printer, have you changed any value or check any mechanical part?

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:58 am

Hi and thanks for this new versions
I've got a first issue while using these updates
Speed pause/stop was enabled but for some printings i already use a "pause at height" in the gcode
If the pause/stop is enabled every time i want to resume the printing, the printer try to print and then go back to pause with the message "the user M2000 paused the print"
If i disable speed pause/stop it works as before the update.
I also had a problem yesterday morning the extruder lowering actuator became crazy and moved both hot ends at high speed non stop.
I had to turn off the power supply to stop it

jontom

Postby jontom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello,

I just did the RaiseTouch update, and now my printer will only let me startup in safe mode.

The progress bar on the splash screen completes, and then at the bottom it says:

"Encountered Problems? Press here to enter safe mode."

I have an N2 Dual, I only did the Raisetouch update. Please advise, thanks.

(I'll try a rollback and see what happens)

-John
Last edited by jontom on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 pm

I did the Touchscreen and Motion Board upgrade on my N2+. I printed out an XYZ cube with PLA and it came out quite nice.
No critical failures on the upgrade processes themselves. I'm looking forward to testing out the new features.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:30 pm

AFTECH wrote:Hi and thanks for this new versions
I've got a first issue while using these updates
Speed pause/stop was enabled but for some printings i already use a "pause at height" in the gcode
If the pause/stop is enabled every time i want to resume the printing, the printer try to print and then go back to pause with the message "the user M2000 paused the print"
If i disable speed pause/stop it works as before the update.
I also had a problem yesterday morning the extruder lowering actuator became crazy and moved both hot ends at high speed non stop.
I had to turn off the power supply to stop it

With the Fast Stop enabled, the print pause will have delay compared with Fast Stop disabled?

The extruder issue might be related to new update, we optimize some default values in firmware which can only be processed properly with touchscreen reboot after complete the new firmware update.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:31 pm

jontom wrote:Hello,

I just did the RaiseTouch update, and now my printer will only let me startup in safe mode.

The progress bar on the splash screen completes, and then at the bottom it says:

-John

Does reset help?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:34 pm

jetdillo wrote:I did the Touchscreen and Motion Board upgrade on my N2+. I printed out an XYZ cube with PLA and it came out quite nice.
No critical failures on the upgrade processes themselves. I'm looking forward to testing out the new features.

Updated new Pro2 Motion Controller Board firmware to N2+? It may brick your board. The latest 0-0-66 version is for Pro2 series, N series firmware is still version 1.1.6.

jontom

Postby jontom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

-John

Does reset help?

Hi Vicky, I have one of the earlier versions of the N2, I don't have a reset button. Rolling back to the August 31st release did not help. It still asks me to startup in safe mode.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:53 am

jontom wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

-John

Does reset help?

Hi Vicky, I have one of the earlier versions of the N2, I don't have a reset button. Rolling back to the August 31st release did not help. It still asks me to startup in safe mode.

Can your screen read files in flash drive now? Any specific error message on screen?

jontom

Postby jontom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:27 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jontom wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Does reset help?

Can your screen read files in flash drive now? Any specific error message on screen?

I was able to rollback to Version 0.9.11, which is what I was using before all this happened. It still takes me to the splash screen, and then says "Encountered Problems? Press here to enter safe mode."

I can run it in safe mode, but I can only get to the settings screen, other screens are greyed out.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:44 am

jontom wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jontom wrote:

I was able to rollback to Version 0.9.11, which is what I was using before all this happened. It still takes me to the splash screen, and then says "Encountered Problems? Press here to enter safe mode."

I can run it in safe mode, but I can only get to the settings screen, other screens are greyed out.

Sounds like something related to motion controller board or communication between screen board and motion controller board.
Did you only flash the RaiseTouch firmware?

jontom

Postby jontom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:11 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jontom wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Sounds like something related to motion controller board or communication between screen board and motion controller board.

Correct, I only updated Raisetouch, should I try updating Motion Controller Board Firmware as well?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:27 pm

jontom wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jontom wrote:

Correct, I only updated Raisetouch, should I try updating Motion Controller Board Firmware as well?

I would recommend you to open a support ticket to reach to our technicians. It should be some hardware issue instead of software now. Possibly some loose connection of cables.

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
jetdillo wrote:I did the Touchscreen and Motion Board upgrade on my N2+. I printed out an XYZ cube with PLA and it came out quite nice.

Updated new Pro2 Motion Controller Board firmware to N2+? It may brick your board. The latest 0-0-66 version is for Pro2 series, N series firmware is still version 1.1.6.

Yes, I was careful to download the correct one.
I was not on 1.1.6 but an earlier version. I've updated the Touchscreen FW once or twice already, but I don't think the MotionBoard has been updated since the printer was shipped(The original owner purchased it in August 2016). It's now current.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:11 pm

jetdillo wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Yes, I was careful to download the correct one.
I was not on 1.1.6 but an earlier version. I've updated the Touchscreen FW once or twice already, but I don't think the MotionBoard has been updated since the printer was shipped(The original owner purchased it in August 2016). It's now current.

Ok, good to know. Just a little worry that people may flash Pro2 series' firmware to N series by mistake.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I just did all of the updates and now the holes on my parts are out of round? Is there some kind of offset that changed?
Attachments
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:41 am

claytony565 wrote:I just did all of the updates and now the holes on my parts are out of round? Is there some kind of offset that changed?

Would you like to share the .idea, .gcode and .data files with us to test?

Return to “Software”