List of Currently Used Firmware and G-Code Commands

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Danyen14

List of Currently Used Firmware and G-Code Commands

Postby Danyen14 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:05 pm

I have a couple of "newbie" questions regarding firmware and g-code.
1. What firmware does Raise3D use on it's machines, by model. Is the firmware an in-house developed code, or is it based on an "off-the-shelf" solution, modified or not?
2. Is there a list of the "official" g-code commands used by Raise3D N series machines, ie N1 Dual in particular.

What I'm trying to do is print a temperature calibration tower with multiple temp. changes thru the build. Using Ideamaker's "Temperature Control List", running the first part seems that the "list" and temp change is only for the specified layer, rather than being a persistent temp change until the next g-code command is read to do the same over again.

I have about three years worth of time using Simplify3D and decades of experience using Materialise's Magics slicer software. So I usually don't have have this type of issue, either in the software or editing g-code. Thanks in advance.

Alex M.

Re: List of Currently Used Firmware and G-Code Commands

Postby Alex M. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 am

I don't have a complete set of answers for you but this is what I have learned so far....

The N1, N2, and N2 Plus printers use an older and slightly modified version of Marlin firmware which is open source. The Pro2 series printers use a closed source firmware.

There are a few versions of modified firmware users have made to update and/or enhance the firmware for the N1, N2, & N2 Plus. Find two of them here:
https://github.com/ABH10/Marlin-for-Rai ... .x_Raise3D
https://github.com/Firesped/Marlin-Rais ... tree/1.2.2

As for your temp tower, set the layer change temp settings in the "Cooling" tab. On the right, in the "Temperature" section of this tab there is the option of using the temperature control list. The extruder tab in that list will change (and keep) the setting until next changed.

Hope this helps!

Danyen14

Postby Danyen14 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:08 am

Thank you for the info. I tried the temperature control list, but it seemed to only to change temperature on the specified,singular layer. Then the temp would revert back to the default settings.

Anyway I opened up and edited the gcode using "M104 T0 Sxxx" on each temp change layer, and with that the temp tower printed as expected with all the differing thernal zones.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 pm

fwiw, I do this sort of thing all the time with S3D using multiple processes and either printing separate parts with each process or printing vertical zones in a tower with different settings. No g-code editing required.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Danyen14 wrote:Thank you for the info. I tried the temperature control list, but it seemed to only to change temperature on the specified,singular layer. Then the temp would revert back to the default settings.

Anyway I opened up and edited the gcode using "M104 T0 Sxxx" on each temp change layer, and with that the temp tower printed as expected with all the differing thernal zones.

What version of Ideamaker are you using? I have 3.1.7 for Windows and it works fine. Did you check the Gcode to conclude it was only changing for one layer? Or?

Return to “Software”