Preheat from Computer in Ideamaker

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
KS_Husker

Preheat from Computer in Ideamaker

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:11 am

I like the preheat function on the printer, but I think it should also be available on the computer in the Ideamaker software. And also on your cloud once that is available to everyone.

Alex M.

Re: Preheat from Computer in Ideamaker

Postby Alex M. » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:29 am

I preheat from my Computer with Ideamaker all the time. Just connect to the printer and go to the "Tune" tab. Set the nozzles and bed as desired. Monitor if desired and print when you are ready. Normally I set the bed to temp but the nozzles about 50 degrees lower since this reduces ooze and the heat quickly anyway.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Does setting the nozzle temperature remotely meet your needs or not?
Or what about disable cooling down after load/unload?

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 am

Sort of but I really would like the full functionality of heating both nozzles and bed at the same time from the computer. The bed takes forever to heat up, so I really like to start it heating early. I'm mainly interested in the bed heating up, but it makes sense to just heat all 3 at once.

No, I still want to have the cooling after it finishes. That is a good thing.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 am

KS_Husker wrote: I'm mainly interested in the bed heating up, but it makes sense to just heat all 3 at once.

Same here. That's why I set the bed to temp but the nozzle to 50 degrees less. It's super easy, with Ideamaker open just hit "Connect" in the top right corner, select your printer, then go to the "Tune" tab and set them as desired.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 pm

So we may need to add some feature for you to preset the preheat temperature for both nozzles and heated bed and leave an one-click button for preheat to start heating all three to reach to set temperature in remote control to meet your requirement.

tja

Postby tja » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 pm

You can do this from the Home screen today, you don't need to go to the Tune screen. It's dead easy, I use it all the time.

Vicky I wouldn't want a one click pre-heat button. When you print different materials, you need different bed & nozzle pre-heat temperatures. I would much prefer your engineers adding features that we don't have yet, such as support for 3DConnexion mice!!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 pm

We have already added support for 3DConnexion mouse into developing list and started testing and developing features for it already.

tja

Postby tja » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Great Vicky, thanks

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 am

Yes, Vicky. That would be really nice. I use different materials as well, but I still would think it would be nice to have both nozzles to heat up to the at least the lower temperature of the materials I use and the bed to a set temp and have them heat at once from the computer. Then when the print starts the nozzle/s that are for the warmer material would have a short wait to heat the rest of the way and be ready to go shortly after starting the print job.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Notes taken.

tja

Postby tja » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 am

Yes, Vicky. That would be really nice. I use different materials as well, but I still would think it would be nice to have both nozzles to heat up to the at least the lower temperature of the materials I use and the bed to a set temp and have them heat at once from the computer. Then when the print starts the nozzle/s that are for the warmer material would have a short wait to heat the rest of the way and be ready to go shortly after starting the print job.

I don't know why this is being requested as a 'new feature'. You can do this today from your pc, no additional software necessary. Just connect to your printer from IM then adjust the temps from the home screen.

Return to “Software”