Support

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Stefano Garino

Support

Postby Stefano Garino » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi all!
I have recently buyed a N2proPlus printer and i stopped by an inusual problem on support skill.
I need a support for a gear wheel (placed 25 layer on ) but also if i try all the parameter the generated g-code was unexpected.
The code pretend to follow every single "tooth" instead to made a simple circle. (like CURA slicer do)

Thanks for all "support" i'll receive.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Support

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Is it possible to share the STL files and pictures of the issue with us?
Have you tried Manual Support or Auto Support?

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 am

OK. I draw my support directly in *. stl (but if in the future raise can improve a concentric support i think it will be a good stuff)
Another 2 question if possible... (in 2 materials context)
1) There's anithing i can do (except to draw it) to define the wipe wall's height? Many time i need to print a skirt on the raft (when raft in one material and model in a different one). Another case is when the support ends to be usefull and the reamining model don't need wall anymore.
2) At the end g-code. What i need to change to avoid z axes to travel too far?

I've observed 2 bugs on overlapp skill. The parameter didn't work as expectations. If i setting up 100% i suppose that material come over shell entirely but is the exacly opposite. And more than some time, simply didn't work at all.

THANKS for support!!!!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 pm

You can change Wipe Wall settings by height under Pre-layer settings.
It will be easier for you to adjust it on touchscreen. There is an option under Settings -> More Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Lower the bed to defined height.

For the shell issue, would you like to give more files and pictures to explain more details?

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 am

Thanks Vicky!
Your support was decisive.
I add file part.txt (you must change exstension to gcode because the post don't allow me to load gcode?!)
It also just a part of model because it was too big (16MB?!) but enough to see the support i need. ( i can't rotate gear because support in little centre hole is worse)

For overlap skill? It doesn't work at all!
Attachments
part.txt
(2.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Sorry Vicky.
"You can change Wipe Wall settings by height under Pre-layer settings."
How. I don't want to change height of a singol layer, i want to stop wipe wall at defined height because i find very usefull a skirt on raft.
(that's the problem, have a skirt on raft whitout draw it in the case you have two different material)
THANKS

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 pm

In pre-layer setting i can't set numer of line of wipe wall?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Having number line option for Wipe Wall in Pre-Layer settings doesn't make sense. Normally it will be more likely to choose enable Wipe Wall or disable Wipe Wall from some height instead of having 2 shells of Wipe Wall from some height then starting with 5 shells of Wipe Wall from some layers after.

For the overlapping issue, would you like to share some pictures to explain what you are expecting the settings to do and what it does in reality.

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:12 pm

FIRST. I really appreciate your patience. Thanks. Also considering my english...
I am a noob whit 2 month of experience in 3d printing and maybe my problems are only trivial misunderstanding, but i really find usefull a skirt on raft (like an insurance to start model layer 0 whit extrusion). This feature isn't enable on parameter's form. Raft whit skirt/brim generate skirt/brim before the raft. If i print raft whit one material and model whit anorher that's doesn't make sense.
I SOLVED cheking wipe wall option on Pre-Model setting whitout flag it and checking wipe wall option on Pre-Layer setting whit the height i want. That's works.
Overlap. Whit some materials, adhesion between singol line was terrible (POM for example) I solved in other way (temperature, speed etc.) but in the first time i misunderstood the meaning. (it works on shell..)
Remains support... if i want a concentric support i must to draw it.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am

I guess you are mentioning the options Raft with Skirt and Raft with Brim for Platform Addition, so that you can have a skirt or brim structure with the Raft and you can choose the nozzle for printing Skirt and Brim, so that you can use that to purge the other nozzle.

May I know the benefits of concentric support compared the default ones in current ideaMaker?

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 am

Yes Vicky, i can choose noozle but i need skirt ON raft, not around. The printing start whit POM skirt, for example, then switch to PE, for example, to made raft, then switch again to POM. I want RAFT (PE)- switch noozle - SKIRT (POM) - START MODEL(POM)

Concentric support is far better for several reasons. First and most importan whit pillar the printing steps seems ramdoms. The noozle travel above the model many time instead follow an intuitive path. (like in a circle does). This can increase time printing by 10%.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Got your point, so you need an option to set the print sequence of Raft, Brim and Skirt for different materials from different nozzles.

Stefano Garino

Postby Stefano Garino » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 pm

For me..solved.
Thanks vicky

Return to “Software”