Override default layer-support printing behavior

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
MZ-Design

Override default layer-support printing behavior

Postby MZ-Design » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi,

Would anybody help me with specific?

I paid attn. that by default IdeaMaker slicer use the following rule (I use N2Plus):
When you print part with supports on single extruder it prints a couple of layers for a model then anothe couple for support structures. it looks like a kind of interlacing 2 model layers - 2support layers - 2 model layers etc ...
I don't really know what was a reason for specific behavior but il looks very problematic, especially when the sizes of model and supports are not equivalent (big amount of supports with small model part or vise versa). In this case it can lead to uneven cooling of model and support parts that actualy can be disastrous... (especially in ABS case, where no cooling can be used)

My question is: how can I set Ideamaker to slice by layer - i.e. print single layer with model and supports all together followed by next layer with the same structure instead of printing 2 model layers followed by 2 support layers all the time. I did not find it in Ideamaker settings.

Maybe I miss somethng ???

Thanks in advanse

MZ-Design

Re: Override default layer-support printing behavior

Postby MZ-Design » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Any opinions?? Vicky ??

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Take a try of Print Parts in Sequential Order to see whether it helps or not.
Per my understanding, once this option enabled, the print order will be always the same for all the layers.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm

I generated this way few serious prints fail in G-code ;) Now I'm printing more complicated parts separately or I check each step after slicing.

Return to “Software”