Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
jhopkinsiv

Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Postby jhopkinsiv » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:07 pm

I just wonder if people who create the software even use what they made. It feels like they have never even touched it.
I have a few requests that would help the end user.

- Make Ideamaker usable over the web. a printer that is capable of printing for days on end should be monitored so it can be stopped if the print comes loose. My printer is at work and prints every weekend so now i have to remote into my work computer in order to see the print status

- when a print is done on idea maker it wont let you dismiss the task finished screen unless you click done on the printer. I am remoteing in to my work pc to see if my 35 hour print finished ok and it wont let me view the camera because i cant dismiss that task finished screen.
I click print removed from bed but it keeps coming back. Is this a bug or just poor programming?

-can you please make the camera viewable over RTSP for easier print monitoring.

-Make it so we can view the camera full screen insted of that fixed size window. Not sure whos idea that was but the camera image is so small all you can see is that its still printing. you cant see if its pealing up on the first layer or warped. its almost useless. can i change the lens on the camera so its zoomed in a little?

these are just a few things off the top of my head. Ill post more next week when im infront of the printer.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:23 am

Most of your requirements can be achieved by RaiseCloud which is under beta test currently. You can get more information from the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10894

For the second point you mention is out of our original design purpose. We are afraid that if we don't limit customer to go to the printer to press that button and check the bed is fully clean, ready to print the next print, directly start a printer remotely will do hard to your printer once there is something on the build plate. So the only way to dismiss that screen is only press the button on touchscreen physically.

And the reason why we fixed the camera view, is because we limit the resolution of the camera due to internet and hardware limitation of the touchscreen. For how to adjust the lens of the camera, please contact our support and share the picture which currently you can get with your camera to verify at http://help.raise3d.com.

Return to “Software”