Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
jhopkinsiv

Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Postby jhopkinsiv » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:07 pm

I just wonder if people who create the software even use what they made. It feels like they have never even touched it.
I have a few requests that would help the end user.

- Make Ideamaker usable over the web. a printer that is capable of printing for days on end should be monitored so it can be stopped if the print comes loose. My printer is at work and prints every weekend so now i have to remote into my work computer in order to see the print status

- when a print is done on idea maker it wont let you dismiss the task finished screen unless you click done on the printer. I am remoteing in to my work pc to see if my 35 hour print finished ok and it wont let me view the camera because i cant dismiss that task finished screen.
I click print removed from bed but it keeps coming back. Is this a bug or just poor programming?

-can you please make the camera viewable over RTSP for easier print monitoring.

-Make it so we can view the camera full screen insted of that fixed size window. Not sure whos idea that was but the camera image is so small all you can see is that its still printing. you cant see if its pealing up on the first layer or warped. its almost useless. can i change the lens on the camera so its zoomed in a little?

these are just a few things off the top of my head. Ill post more next week when im infront of the printer.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Does Raise3D actually use there own printers?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:23 am

Most of your requirements can be achieved by RaiseCloud which is under beta test currently. You can get more information from the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10894

For the second point you mention is out of our original design purpose. We are afraid that if we don't limit customer to go to the printer to press that button and check the bed is fully clean, ready to print the next print, directly start a printer remotely will do hard to your printer once there is something on the build plate. So the only way to dismiss that screen is only press the button on touchscreen physically.

And the reason why we fixed the camera view, is because we limit the resolution of the camera due to internet and hardware limitation of the touchscreen. For how to adjust the lens of the camera, please contact our support and share the picture which currently you can get with your camera to verify at http://help.raise3d.com.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:43 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Most of your requirements can be achieved by RaiseCloud which is under beta test currently. You can get more information from the following link:

For the second point you mention is out of our original design purpose. We are afraid that if we don't limit customer to go to the printer to press that button and check the bed is fully clean, ready to print the next print, directly start a printer remotely will do hard to your printer once there is something on the build plate. So the only way to dismiss that screen is only press the button on touchscreen physically.

And the reason why we fixed the camera view, is because we limit the resolution of the camera due to internet and hardware limitation of the touchscreen. For how to adjust the lens of the camera, please contact our support and share the picture which currently you can get with your camera to verify at http://help.raise3d.com.

Vicky
As a long time N1 and N2 owner, I have to agree that the design purpose of needing to touch the screen is a flaw. My printers are outside in my shed. I like to finish the print, and turn on the nozzle for a filament swap, so by the time im at the shed, i can easily swap filament, remove nozzle, and also start new print. However, I cant do this because i have to touch the screen. It seems silly that we cant modify the printer settings for fear that someone doesnt remember to clear the plate before starting a new print.

Also - is the camera available from the store? I didnt see it under the N series store.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:10 pm

You will be disappointed if you buy the camera. It's pretty bad.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:16 pm

The better way is to but HD cam and install with remote mini server PC and use with Team Viewer, you can also stop and adjust your printer. Even from your cell phone. This works perfectly for me!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm

NewbPilot wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Most of your requirements can be achieved by RaiseCloud which is under beta test currently. You can get more information from the following link:

Vicky
As a long time N1 and N2 owner, I have to agree that the design purpose of needing to touch the screen is a flaw. My printers are outside in my shed. I like to finish the print, and turn on the nozzle for a filament swap, so by the time im at the shed, i can easily swap filament, remove nozzle, and also start new print. However, I cant do this because i have to touch the screen. It seems silly that we cant modify the printer settings for fear that someone doesnt remember to clear the plate before starting a new print.

Also - is the camera available from the store? I didnt see it under the N series store.

Maybe I can check whether we are able to separate temperature setting sections from the print complete page so that you can change the temperature values by remote control before you reach to the printer.
Camera is under Spare Parts -> N Series.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
NewbPilot wrote:

Vicky

Maybe I can check whether we are able to separate temperature setting sections from the print complete page so that you can change the temperature values by remote control before you reach to the printer.

That would be great. I get not wanting to start a new print - though there IS a part of me that feels the operator should be wise enough to change the bed out! I just have wanted to lower the build plate (thin parts that i want to cool and use a spatula to remove) and change the filament.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:31 pm

EldRick wrote:You will be disappointed if you buy the camera. It's pretty bad.

Can you share the quality of the photo or video?

For me, there's no reason to buy it if i cant create cool time lapses to share with my friends :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:37 pm

NewbPilot wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
NewbPilot wrote:
Vicky

That would be great. I get not wanting to start a new print - though there IS a part of me that feels the operator should be wise enough to change the bed out! I just have wanted to lower the build plate (thin parts that i want to cool and use a spatula to remove) and change the filament.

Do you mean you want to the bed lower after print completes? There is an option in touchscreen that you can choose how much you'd like to have the bed to move.

simon

Postby simon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Do you mean you want to the bed lower after print completes? There is an option in touchscreen that you can choose how much you'd like to have the bed to move.

I tried this option but it only seems to work when you manually stop a print. If the print finishes on its own then the bed doesn't lower by the requested amount. Could you check and let me know?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 am

You are right, it only works for manually stop instead of print completes. If the print completes the whole gcode, it will just follow what gcode asks the printer to do.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:04 pm

simon wrote:I tried this option but it only seems to work when you manually stop a print. If the print finishes on its own then the bed doesn't lower by the requested amount. Could you check and let me know?

I have found the same thing. Stop the print and it lowers. Print completes and it doesn't. :?

simon

Postby simon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You are right, it only works for manually stop instead of print completes. If the print completes the whole gcode, it will just follow what gcode asks the printer to do.

.....so can it be changed so the option controls after prints complete too? Its kind of pointless controlling manual stops but not finished prints.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm

simon wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You are right, it only works for manually stop instead of print completes. If the print completes the whole gcode, it will just follow what gcode asks the printer to do.

.....so can it be changed so the option controls after prints complete too? Its kind of pointless controlling manual stops but not finished prints.

The reason why we have the option for drop the bed after manual stop is because that normally when you shoot a manual stop, it must be you see some issues on your printer, and most of them are at the very beginning or at lower height. Drop the bed will help a lot when trying to remove the model from the bed.
We can consider whether we are able to open another option for print completes bed drop.

simon

Postby simon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Drop the bed will help a lot when trying to remove the model from the bed.

Exactly! it does help a lot when trying to remove model from the bed. Surely it is the same if a print finishes. At the moment I have to manually lower the bed to remove shorter prints.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 pm

simon wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Drop the bed will help a lot when trying to remove the model from the bed.

Exactly! it does help a lot when trying to remove model from the bed. Surely it is the same if a print finishes. At the moment I have to manually lower the bed to remove shorter prints.

Noted. Will add your needs to request list.

Return to “Software”