[BUG][IM-3.1.7] Infill Extrusion Width Percentage/Infill Density

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
CreepyCave

[BUG][IM-3.1.7] Infill Extrusion Width Percentage/Infill Density

Postby CreepyCave » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am

Hi I was trying to see how viable it is to print shells with an excessively slow speed (7mm/s) and infill at an excessively fast speed (120mm/s) to combine high details and a faster print time. At these speeds my infill was drastically under extruded so I decided to increase the infill extrusion width to see if that could compensate. That's when I noticed the odd behavior... The infill density had changed... I went ahead and printed anyways and there was no noitceable change to the infill extrution width. I played around with it a little more and found that increasing the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage would lower the infill density and lowering the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage would increase it.

Title: Infill Extrusion Width Percentage/Infill Density
Description:Changing the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage changes the Infill Density instead
Version: IM-3.1.7
Language: English
Operation System: Windows 10
GPU: Radeon RX560 4GB GDDR5
32bit or 64bit: 64bit
Screen Resolution: Screen 1 1024x768 Screen 2 1920x1080 (Run Ideamaker on screen 2)
How to trigger the bug: Slice Model ; Edit Template ; Advance ; Infill Tab ; Edit The Infill Extrusion Width Percentage ; Okay ; Save And Close ; Slice ; Preview ; Notice Incorrect Infill Percentage ; Export to SD ; Print from SD ; No Change In Infill Extrusion Width
Expected Result: I'd expect that the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage would change the Infill Extrusion Width by the Percentage value
Real Result: Increasing the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage lowers the infill density and lowering the Infill Extrusion Width Percentage increases it.
Attachment: Attached in the zip file are 3 pix of the Print Preview with opened Infill Tab at 50% 100% and 200% Infill Extrusion Width Percentages
Attachments
Bug_Report_Pix.zip
(989.04 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Evan

Re: [BUG][IM-3.1.7] Infill Extrusion Width Percentage/Infill Density

Postby Evan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:07 pm

This bug is not unique to IdeaMaker and normally shows up when the nozzle size is large (.8mm+)

I dint think it's well understood and unfortunately not a lot of effort is being put into it. Maybe this would be a good opportunity for R3D to tackle this bug.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [BUG][IM-3.1.7] Infill Extrusion Width Percentage/Infill Density

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 am

Thanks for your feedback and file.
We have addressed an related bug and will try to fix it soon.

Return to “Software”