Printer sometimes restarts after finishing

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
gaunten

Printer sometimes restarts after finishing

Postby gaunten » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:22 am

So, sometimes the Raise3d Pro2 plus I'm using restarts after a job is finished. Last night I left it halfway done with a benchy, and when I came in to work this morning, it had started printing a new benchy about 50mm diagonally from where the first one was. It had gotten to about the 6th layer or so before stopping, it had knocked the first benchy out of its place and it was cracked in the middle (below the front and back windows).
I also had a hell of a clog that took some time to fix.

I did another benchy yesterday which finished while I was at work and when it finished it prompted to press "done" before doing anything else, as it should, and to my knowledge I didn't change anything in the slicing that should prompt it to automatically restart the job when done.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Printer sometimes restarts after finishing

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Is there any one else in your room can possibly hit the restart button? Maybe a power failure?
Which version of RaiseTouch is currently on your printer?

gaunten

Postby gaunten » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:46 am

The restarts have happened when it was left overnight, no-one has been here, and no-one would knowingly hit the restart button either way.
There are 22 printers in the room of different brands and none of the others have had similar issues, so a power failure seems unlikely. Especially since it has happened several times on this machine.

This is the info I got from the machine:
Serial number: 10151806018
version: 0.9.9.509
firmware version: 0-0-18

It happened again last time I left it and ended up ruining the small fan for the right extruder, cracking both the cover and some of the blades. I am going to do small prints that can finish while I'm here to see if I can identify the problem, but any help you can give me would be great.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:44 am

Would you like to pause the print and export the serial log once you meet similar again?
We want to see whether we can find any information from the log.
It is under Settings -> More Settings -> Serial Port Log, you can enter there from the little gear button at top right.

gaunten

Postby gaunten » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Ok, it finally happened again, it finished the print and I just had time to remove it from the bed before it restarted automatically and started re-heating everything. I went into settings and exported the serial log immediately, then I paused the job and did the same again, so I have two exported serial logs. How do I send them to you?

gaunten

Postby gaunten » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am

Hi, I wrote before the weekend but it doesn't seem my response got posted. Anyways, I saved the logs, both during the restart and after pausing it. How and where do I send the files?

gaunten

Postby gaunten » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 am

Aha, I found the attach tab on the forum, here are the serial logs, there are two of them, one I got immediately when the machine restarted the job, and then I paused and exported again, if there is any difference. The file ending in 413 is the last one I got after pausing the job.
Attachments
all-raisetouch-1045-20180914202413.tar.gz
(69.43 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
all-raisetouch-1045-20180914201626.tar.gz
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Would you like to help us run a test with a beta version of RaiseTouch which we can get more information from Log?

Return to “Software”