Start printing at certain height

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Stampa3DMantova

Start printing at certain height

Postby Stampa3DMantova » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:32 am

Hi all,

I go straight to the point: because of a failure print at the middle height, i would like to restart the same print but at a certain z position.
I can't find a place in Ideamaker where I can set the start printing height . Is it possible in some way?
I could change the gcode directly but it is impossibile because of the filament amount extruded specified EVERY line....

Does anyone tried a solution?

Thank You all

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Start printing at certain height

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm

You want to continue printing from the failed height above the original failed model or start a new print from the height failed then put the two model together later?
It won't be that accurate if you go to gcode, as it will be hard to define the end layer number of your last failure or even you find the exact layer, that layer may have the failure in middle. Which means either you will meet a half layer missing or a half layer overlapping.

Stampa3DMantova

Postby Stampa3DMantova » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 am

Thank You for your reply. I'd like to continue the failed printing at the height where I can measure the printed part.
I thought to change gcode, but it is hard to set every extrusion quantity data , every line...
I suggest to implement it in Ideaprint . Sometimes it is preferible to regain a stopped print in the middle and work on postfinishing than restart print completely.
Thank You

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 am

But it will be hard to figure out the accurate failed height, as the printer won't know when the failure happens and normally measure cannot be accurate into layer.

Return to “Software”