X and Y compensation

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
swampy

X and Y compensation

Postby swampy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 pm

hi any one know what the exact compensation is for the x and y please i think its right 1 way but not the other as you look at the printer it prints slightly to the left is the right nozzle supposed to start dead centre cheers is red x travel and y green cheers i was never any good at remembering my travel im going to print a test x and measure it. its that i done a print wk end and auto scaled it up to fit build and the left side miss printed by so much so i think my software is not correct my nozzle centre thanks

walshlg

Re: X and Y compensation

Postby walshlg » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:56 pm

REMEMBER - the center of the printing area IS NOT the center of the build plate. Currently my setting is 12,7 (mm) on an N2+

swampy

Postby swampy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:41 pm

mines a n2 plus its just that its the first time its ever miss printed 1 side normally it will say its not in the printing area when you do it so was wondering if their was a way of checking this is what the software says where is the 12.5mm set in is that distance from centre to right nozzle
Attachments
raise.png

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Remember center is different depending on left or right nozzle.
Composite Build Plate for N2 Printers
http://www.newriver.io

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

I have an IDEA for a simple way to proceed:

heat up extruder with 2 different colors. extrude a small blob of each color, likely just 1-2 mm of extrusion, so a bead sits on end of nozzles
home all (-> this will place plastic where each head is at the 0,0 position) move z down 10mm, disable steppers
grab the head assembly and move it all the way to front right, extrude a little plastic blob from each head, Home Z (to mark each head at R side/front position)

lower on z by 10 mm - move head assembly to back Right corner, extrude some blobs and home Z to mark back R position

move to back left, extrude some plastic, home Z to mark back left

now drop by 200 mm and cool down plate and heads. Take off the plate and measure out your personal exact measurements. draw a line from R head front left to left head back right and another from Left head front right to right head back Left. where they cross will be your true build plate center. now send to that point and print a small cone, make adjustments in offset until it prints in the center of your print area.

REMEMBER firmwear will limit you inside this print area.

once you have that then you can try to print my 2 color torture test full bed object
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1729254

Return to “Software”