Obsolete templates

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Robair

Obsolete templates

Postby Robair » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Just when I thought everything was working so well. Update and all is lost.
Please assist if you can.
I have been using Ideamaker very happily for some time and an auto update just happened.
All printer and filament templates - GONE. cannot find them, nor can I find the backups that I made of them as time went along.
The closest I can get to seeing the templates is in a list of Obsolete templates which are waiting to be deleted but those are useless to me because I need to use them.
Is there a way of retrieving my printer setup and the number of Filament templates that I have created and saved of the past?
I have already uninstalled this 3.1.7 version and reinstalled version 2 in the hope that my filaments and printer would come back - no luck there.
I really hope there is - else this is a disaster.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Obsolete templates

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 am

Normally software update has no relationship to profile change.
Please go to Help -> Configuration Folder and check the profile folder inside to check whether your profiles are still there or not.

Robair

Postby Robair » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Excellent!
Thank you very much. The templates are exactly where you said they would be.

Is there a way of retrieving the printer template that I had set up to work with my Tevo tarantula. I am pretty sure I was not using any of the pre-written templates that came with the app.

Retrieving this printer template would be the cherry on the top as to get the app back up and running as well as it did before the update.

Thanks Again
Rob

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Do you mean search the profile inside the folder in your computer? Or find the profile you need in ideaMaker?

Robair

Postby Robair » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:23 am

Hi Vicky,
I apologise for not being clear enough with my question.
Apart from the filament profiles disappearing after the upgrade, which have now been found (thanks to you)
The printer settings for my Tevo Tarantula have also disappeared and it was these settings that I was hoping to be able to retrieve somewhere so that I can get the app back up and running as before.
So either way, in the computer or within the app, I dont mind where I will find the original printer settings.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:19 am

If you have any file which you sliced before with the profile you need, import the .data file into ideaMaker. The printer setting can be imported together.

Robair

Postby Robair » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 am

Thanks Vicky,
I had in fact just discovered that I can do that by fiddling around with my saves templates.
All is sorted again and all questions are answered.
Thank you for your amazing assistance. It is highly appreciated.
Regards
Rob

Return to “Software”