Extruder range

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Shelton

Extruder range

Postby Shelton » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:49 pm

How to show on platform extruder range? I can use the checkbox at view option of Idea Maker... but this show nothing... when I'm starting some detail doesn't print because the problem is extruder range. Any ideas?

Ronvp

Re: Extruder range

Postby Ronvp » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:51 am

I had the same problem. If you fill in the Right extruder offset on the touch screen in the 3D printer itself, the Ideamaker software does not read(really should but it does not) the offset if you entered it the printer itself, so it does not show the different ranges for the left vs the right extruder.

To have Ideamaker show it: I filled out 0 for the Y and X offset on the touch screen of the printer and then I went to Ideamaker, Printer settings, and filled out my Y and X offset for the right extruder. Now Ideamaker will show and actually use the correct offset. BTW, for my Pro2, I use 25mm for the X-offset and -0.3 mm (thus negative 0.3mm) for the Y-offset. I created a calibration print file that print with both extruders and then see if you have the correct X/Y offsets.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:28 pm

Cura soft show both ranges on printer bed. And you can easy place your item. Here in IdeaMaker I have only marked side strips and one and only difference is color for left or right extruder. It should to work from default settings.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 pm

We are considering to add a virtual offset for Pro2 series printer in ideaMaker in future visions. So that the user still can keep the offset in touchscreen for each printer and input the same values for virtual offset in ideaMaker for the software to show properly and not affecting printing.

Return to “Software”