What is the current motion controller board firmware for Raise3D N2 series ?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
lami3d

What is the current motion controller board firmware for Raise3D N2 series ?

Postby lami3d » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:16 am

Sorry, but i didn't update for a long time and i noticed that there's a 1.1.6 firmware available... i didn't remember if this version is old or new and if it's ok to install it on printer. I remember that there was problems linked to firmware but didn't remember what firmware i was...

I have 1.1.1 now and i didn't find any topics about firmware 1.1.6 to undestand if i have to install it.
Please can you give a link to a topic that talks about firmware... or telle me if i can install 1.1.6 or not.
Sorry because i wasn't be able to follow all the updates...

I have also the touchscreen firmware of my "old" N2+ that is 0.7.1.245 and i don't manage to update to 1.0.0. (nor 9.9.7).
Do i have to install some older versions before installing the new one ? and what versions do i have to install ?

I recently install 9.9.7 on my N2 and i noticed that the hot ends temperature now decrease just after loading or unloading filament... i prefer when the temperature remains, is there a way to change this new behaviour or do i have to tune the temperature instead of using the tools ?

Thanks for your help.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: What is the current motion controller board firmware for Raise3D N2 series ?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm

For N series, 1.1.6 is the latest version of motion controller board firmware.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/motion-co ... ease-notes

Have you ever tried other versions of RaiseTouch in download center?

There is an option under Settings -> More Settings -> Advanced that you can choose whether you want to nozzles to be cool down or not after loading filament.

lami3d

Re: What is the current motion controller board firmware for Raise3D N2 series ?

Postby lami3d » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:16 am

Thank you vicky
By rebooting the printer the 1.1.0 touchscreen frimware update worked.

Ok, i'm going to update to 1.1.6

And thanks for the information in advance settings.

Thanks again.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:07 pm

1.1.6 is, of course, an obsolete elderly version of Marlin, and is long overdue for an update.

Return to “Software”