Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 am

Hi All,

We have released the new version of RaiseTouch 0.9.9 today.

Release Notes:
Added new features and options
Fixed bugs based on users' feedback

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/raisetouch_0-9-9-509-release-notes
Download RaiseTouch 0.9.9: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download#down-touch

Jetguy
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 am

Makes me sad as a non-pro owner.
No camera for non-pro
No extruder offset in Raisepack on printer in non-pro
While connection authentication appears to work, only asks once ever for password and is your SSH password. Think about that for a second... you just gave away your SSH password. This makes me think Ideamaker is storing your SSH password somewhere.

Jetguy
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

Again, have to be honest here, as a non-pro owner, I see a trend here.
Camera begged for, asked for since the kickstarter, not implemented for anyone but a Pro2 series owner.
The second interesting twist, especially for folks who own more than one printer like a printer farm, the whole concept of storing the nozzle offsets in the printer for a dual extruder. The idea here is, since the printer itself has a mechanical offset specific to that printer, rather than the current method where the ideamaker profile contains the offset and offsets the gcode, this means that profile and that gcode file only is tuned for that printer. Conversely, storing the offset in firmware, and invoking a toolchange firmware applied offset function, this means the profile and gcode is universal (both extruders use same origin and no offset) and you tune the offset on the printer. Again, there is zero reason why this could not be done on a non-pro series with a simple firmware, and yet, all these owners are left in the dark.

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Casale8 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Hi All,

[/b]Added new features and options
Fixed bugs based on users' feedback


Curiously, could we be more specific?
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Jetguy
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Casale8 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Hi All,

[/b]Added new features and options
Fixed bugs based on users' feedback


Curiously, could we be more specific?

Covered in the release notes, but here is my expansion upon that. https://www.raise3d.com/pages/touchscre ... ease-notes

Added a firmware upgrade wizard in Maintenance under Other - I consider this a feature add, in theory a way to better manually select a specific update file and potentially roll back or update versions.
Added a Reconnect Serial Port button in Maintenance under Other -> Safe Mode - What this does, in theory, is forces enumeration of the motion board USB to serial port, thus in rare situations, a way to attempt to restore communications without powering down the entire system. Only affects a very small subset of troubleshooting scenarios.
Added Enable Extruder Offset and Extruder Offset settings under More Settings -> Hardware -> Extruders- ONLY applies to Pro2 and Pro2 PLUS
Added a Turn on filament sensor option under Advanced Settings- Nice feature for those who add filament detection. However, being buried until multiple menus, I can see where this being on the Tuning screen would be a lot more useful.
Added a Cool down after a print paused setting under Advanced Settings - again, nice new feature requested by some users.
Added sorting options for files and folders inside Local storage and USB storage- new feature
Added auto-preloading filament before unloading (for Pro2 series printers)- I'd call this a bug fix for Pro2 series, non-pro already had this.
Added Camera function for Pro2 series- Sadly, absolutely only a Pro2 series feature. This is apparently able to detect some hidden configuration file that defines a Pro2 series and will not enable this feature on a non-pro.
Added Allow Remote Access without Password-added feature, but uses the SSH password and only prompts the user once on first connect. It appears either ideamaker stores that credential and never again prompts the user, or there are other issues with this security. Should be using a different password than SSH.
Added German Language- New requested "feature"
Fixed Wi-Fi connection failure issue with non-Latin characters in Wi-Fi name- Bugfix
Fixed long-time print resume loading issue after pausing by code M2000- Bugfix- although really, I'd like to see a link to a discussion about the original fault to better understand this and what the "fix" is.
Fixed the height display issue during multi-object print- Bugfix
Saved Loading/Unloading nozzle temperature after reboot- Requested feature
Saved Move Step unit after reboot- Requested feature

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Casale8 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Jetguy
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 pm

I know this would make Raise 3D unhappy, but I think here is a problem.
OK, so some of these are bugfixes, some are new features.
Users have been asked to format bug reports, but the issue here is, other than a lengthy forum topic, in some cases, we users have NO idea what bugs have been found or reported.
Next, we have no idea what features are approved to be added.

If you want our help, then what you should be doing is posting both, a bug list and a feature list, and comments for status.
This is all part of stepping up the game here on proper software development process- proper beta testing, proper feedback from the customer.

Stanislav
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Stanislav » Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Оr I'm stupid or something is wrong
turn ON new function Cool down after print paused and start some printing then press pause to stop printing for 10 second and then press Resume print and watch what's going on. The nozzle still does not heat up and the printer continues to try to print
Image
Last edited by Stanislav on Fri May 18, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stanislav

there is always a smarter man than you

Stanislav
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Stanislav » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 pm

One more update works only in reverse. Connection to the printer is impossible

Image
Stanislav

there is always a smarter man than you

User avatar
Noren
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 am
Location: Borås, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Noren » Thu May 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Stanislav wrote:One more update works only in reverse. Connection to the printer is impossible

Image


This might not be firmware specific. I noticed this with the last version of ideamaker. Had to turn on and of the network settings on the printer.

Stanislav
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Stanislav » Thu May 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Noren everything worked until I uploaded the new update 10 minutes ago
Stanislav

there is always a smarter man than you

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Casale8 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Noticed when I STOP a print, it doesn't move the bed bad to 0, but rather some other height quite a distance from 0. Not that it's a huge concern, but it started with the update today...

And could get annoying if pressed for time.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Casale8 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Casale8 wrote:Noticed when I STOP a print, it doesn't move the bed back to 0, but rather some other height quite a distance from 0. Not that it's a huge concern, but it started with the update today...

And could get annoying if pressed for time.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am

Jetguy wrote:
Casale8 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Hi All,

[/b]Added new features and options
Fixed bugs based on users' feedback


Curiously, could we be more specific?

Covered in the release notes, but here is my expansion upon that. https://www.raise3d.com/pages/touchscre ... ease-notes

Added a firmware upgrade wizard in Maintenance under Other - I consider this a feature add, in theory a way to better manually select a specific update file and potentially roll back or update versions.
Added a Reconnect Serial Port button in Maintenance under Other -> Safe Mode - What this does, in theory, is forces enumeration of the motion board USB to serial port, thus in rare situations, a way to attempt to restore communications without powering down the entire system. Only affects a very small subset of troubleshooting scenarios.
Added Enable Extruder Offset and Extruder Offset settings under More Settings -> Hardware -> Extruders- ONLY applies to Pro2 and Pro2 PLUS
Added a Turn on filament sensor option under Advanced Settings- Nice feature for those who add filament detection. However, being buried until multiple menus, I can see where this being on the Tuning screen would be a lot more useful.
Added a Cool down after a print paused setting under Advanced Settings - again, nice new feature requested by some users.
Added sorting options for files and folders inside Local storage and USB storage- new feature
Added auto-preloading filament before unloading (for Pro2 series printers)- I'd call this a bug fix for Pro2 series, non-pro already had this.
Added Camera function for Pro2 series- Sadly, absolutely only a Pro2 series feature. This is apparently able to detect some hidden configuration file that defines a Pro2 series and will not enable this feature on a non-pro.
Added Allow Remote Access without Password-added feature, but uses the SSH password and only prompts the user once on first connect. It appears either ideamaker stores that credential and never again prompts the user, or there are other issues with this security. Should be using a different password than SSH.
Added German Language- New requested "feature"
Fixed Wi-Fi connection failure issue with non-Latin characters in Wi-Fi name- Bugfix
Fixed long-time print resume loading issue after pausing by code M2000- Bugfix- although really, I'd like to see a link to a discussion about the original fault to better understand this and what the "fix" is.
Fixed the height display issue during multi-object print- Bugfix
Saved Loading/Unloading nozzle temperature after reboot- Requested feature
Saved Move Step unit after reboot- Requested feature


Manually selecting a specific update file will be a little hard to achieve under the current software structure. But we will try to achieve in future.

We are currently working on Extruder Offset on Touchscreen firmware for N series printers. Will release in next version.

For the password request, have been already added into developing list.

About the hardware upgrade kit for N series printers, we will release some news to all soon.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Stanislav wrote:One more update works only in reverse. Connection to the printer is impossible

Image


Would you like advise which version of ideaMaker you are currently using to remote control the printer?

And please try disable Allow Remote Access without Password under Privacy and Security and try upload again to see whether it can help or not.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Casale8 wrote:Noticed when I STOP a print, it doesn't move the bed bad to 0, but rather some other height quite a distance from 0. Not that it's a huge concern, but it started with the update today...

And could get annoying if pressed for time.


Do you mean that after print stops, the bed just stop at the stopped height but not home to origin height before the next print?

Stanislav
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Stanislav » Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Would you like advise which version of ideaMaker you are currently using to remote control the printer?

And please try disable Allow Remote Access without Password under Privacy and Security and try upload again to see whether it can help or not.

The latest version for N1 and feature deactivated I do not have a password
Image
Stanislav

there is always a smarter man than you

Stanislav
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Stanislav » Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Here's a video of the problem with the new feature Cool down after a print paused heating stops and never recovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7LLOQroSM
Stanislav

there is always a smarter man than you

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Casale8 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Casale8 wrote:Noticed when I STOP a print, it doesn't move the bed bad to 0, but rather some other height quite a distance from 0. Not that it's a huge concern, but it started with the update today...

And could get annoying if pressed for time.


Do you mean that after print stops, the bed just stop at the stopped height but not home to origin height before the next print?


No ma'am. The Bed does not stop at the stopped height, the bed moves down to about the middle of the available Z. Almost as if it were intended to offer our hands more room to remove the model from the bed.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Touchscreen Firmware 0.9.9 Release Note 2018.5.17

Postby Billucas » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Casale8 wrote:No ma'am. The Bed does not stop at the stopped height, the bed moves down to about the middle of the available Z. Almost as if it were intended to offer our hands more room to remove the model from the bed.

I have the same observation. It is 4 inches lower than before the last update.


Return to “Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest