Right extruder does not drop down when selected - Pro2

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
SylaTek

Right extruder does not drop down when selected - Pro2

Postby SylaTek » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Pro2
fw - 0-0-31
raisetouch - 0.9.11.612
idea maker - 3.1.7

This has been happening ever since I updated to 0-0-31, If I select the right extruder only to print and that extruder was not the last one I printed with, so it is up, the printer attempts to print with it in the up position. I used these same settings in the previous fw version and they worked. So has anyone else had this issue at all or am I improperly selecting the right extruder in ideamaker?

The GCODE shows T1 being selected, but the printer does nothing.

If I print dual extruders, the printer selects each nozzle as expected as long as the left nozzle prints first.

I have attached my slicer settings and the code for a retraction test object. - I'll have to find a way to link video later.

I am going to open a ticket since this is either an issue with the fw or my hw is broken.

remove .txt off the end of the files to use
Attachments
High Quality - Pro2 - PLA_right_MH Build-export.bin.txt
slicer settings - remove .txt
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
retraction_test_sliced.gcode.txt
code for test object - remove.txt
(200.73 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Right extruder does not drop down when selected - Pro2

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Does it only happen during printing or you also have the same not dropping down issue when loading filament in Utilities page?
Does extruding work proper even the nozzle doesn't drop down?

SylaTek

Postby SylaTek » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:08 pm

When loading, the right extruder does not drop down. I didn't notice that before.
It does properly extrude material at all times. I just can't get it to drop down since I flashed to the new fw. But that could just be a coincidence.

SylaTek

Postby SylaTek » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 am

The right extruder does NOT drop down during loading filament. I never noticed that before.

The nozzle seems to extrude the correct amount of filament even when in the up position. It also loads and unloads filament properly.

The only time the right side works is in a dual extrusion print and the left nozzle starts printing first. Otherwise the right nozzle stays up and tries to print until after the left nozzle has been selected and it switches back

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:25 pm

SylaTek wrote:The GCODE shows T1 being selected, but the printer does nothing.

If I print dual extruders, the printer selects each nozzle as expected as long as the left nozzle prints first.

This is a bug in Pro2 firmware. The Pro2 doesn't resend the command to lower the extruder if it thinks that extruder is already lowered. The Pro2 starts up thinking the right extruder is lowered. You can extruder a small amount of filament from the left extruder (after both are pre-heated) and the printer will lower it (even though it's already lowered) and at that point the physical state will match the internal state of the printer. It will work correctly until you turn off the printer. There is a beta firmware that fixes this issue, not sure on when it will actually be released.

SylaTek

Postby SylaTek » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:55 pm

That makes sense with what I'm seeing. Since it used to work.

Eventually this reply will make it on the boards since every reply I've made requires moderator review apparently.

I appreciate your help.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Please shoot us a support ticket at help.raise3d.com. Technicians will help check whether your issue is the same issue fixed in beta firmware. If you'd like to help test, they will share the beta firmware with you.

Return to “General”