Pro 2 Plus print with other nozzle

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Naser404

Pro 2 Plus print with other nozzle

Postby Naser404 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:39 pm

I am trying to slice with the Right nozzle and uploaded the file and it worked fine the first time but i had to stop it as the bed was not leveled.

the rest of the times i try to print the same file on the printer it some times print using the Left nozzle.

any idea whats the issue.

Thank you,

Naser

Jiter

Re: Pro 2 Plus print with other nozzle

Postby Jiter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 am

If you want to use only the right nozzle, there is an Error in the Firmware.
On the Utilities Page you first "Load" the Right Nozzle. Then you can start the Print with only the right nozzle.

Hope I could help you :)
Cheers, David
If you can dream it, you can print it! :lol:

Ben Roj

Postby Ben Roj » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:52 pm

If nozzle randomly lift up and down on either nozzles regardless of gcode, probably due to ribbon cable stress. You can try to reach support team and request for solutions. There are 2 methods, one is to 3D print a part to connect to the cable chain where the extruder controller board mounted and another require to open the back cover to remove the cable tie that hold the ribbon cable in place in order to relief the stress.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 am

Ben Roj wrote:If nozzle randomly lift up and down on either nozzles regardless of gcode, probably due to ribbon cable stress. You can try to reach support team and request for solutions. There are 2 methods, one is to 3D print a part to connect to the cable chain where the extruder controller board mounted and another require to open the back cover to remove the cable tie that hold the ribbon cable in place in order to relief the stress.

yes this is what i meant, they randomly lift up and down, also sometimes when you disable steppers on screen to move head for bed leveling they keep lifting up and down quickly and i have to wait till the left goes down again to level the bed.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 am

Please shoot a support ticket to us at help.raise3d.com. Your issue may related to loose wiring, there has a cable used to control the nozzle lifting.

Return to “General”