Pro 2 Plus extruder jams.

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Prop-Fiction

Re: Pro 2 Plus extruder jams.

Postby Prop-Fiction » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Hey have posted under Hardware Solved jams stuck etc
It work fine since 3 days 5 prints all good
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 am

Naser404 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Sometimes filament stuck inside extruder may due to that there has jam below extruder, such as in hot-end, PTFE tube, then the new filament cannot move in any more.
For any jam, we will recommend to contact Raise3D support to figure out the origin jam is at which height first, remove the jam completely or replace the problem parts then start another print.

Vicky, the thing is these extruder jams as very common on the new Pro-2 as can been seen in many threads by users on this form, so the question is, is Raise 3D aware of this issue and are they working to see what is causing this or are they just assuming its user/filament problem ??

Based on our tests, we found that a lot filament jam inside extruder is due to throat tube. The filament stuck in throat tube and new filament cannot move downward any more but the feeding gear is still trying to push the filament in and grinds out the filament under gear.
If you have any other finding, please feel free to advise us.

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:17 am

Yes I solved the problem with overheating the troate tube 100% no stuck more.
Only problem I already have is the temperature lost by the rippon cable.
So the Hotend is to cold but show 205.
Hope to get help there.

Regurts Carsten

My Costume website

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:58 pm

I am working on a design to convert my Pro2 to utilize the E3D V6 hot ends which would eliminate the issues the Pro2 is having.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Hellsbellsidaho wrote:I am working on a design to convert my Pro2 to utilize the E3D V6 hot ends which would eliminate the issues the Pro2 is having.

You might eliminate the clogging maybe, but there are many other issues that many people are facing, not just me and its clear from the forum posts.

That's what i would like Raise officials to check and provide a permanent solution.

Some but not limited to the following;
1) Clogging due to throat tube and also below point 2&5
2) Temperature sensors malfunction and wrong reading.
3) Servo motor acting weird again cause of cables
4) Very noisy printer ( High RPM fan in electronics box and in PSU)
5) heating of extruders stepper motors

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Naser404 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:I am working on a design to convert my Pro2 to utilize the E3D V6 hot ends which would eliminate the issues the Pro2 is having.

You might eliminate the clogging maybe, but there are many other issues that many people are facing, not just me and its clear from the forum posts.

That's what i would like Raise officials to check and provide a permanent solution.

The issues you list above would take a entire redesign of the print head assembly from top to bottom. I will say for a $4k machine it is not designed very well and I am disappointed. My suggestion if Raise3D doesn't fix the issues and they are that common would be a class action lawsuit. For me I have been trying to print with PETG and over the last few days I figured out is a heat transfer from the heat break to the metal tubing above it. This heat transfer is causing the PETG to eventually clog after about 2 hours of printing. If the heat break is not making contact then the clog situation is resolved.

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:11 am

Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
Naser404 wrote:

The issues you list above would take a entire redesign of the print head assembly from top to bottom. I will say for a $4k machine it is not designed very well and I am disappointed. My suggestion if Raise3D doesn't fix the issues and they are that common would be a class action lawsuit. For me I have been trying to print with PETG and over the last few days I figured out is a heat transfer from the heat break to the metal tubing above it. This heat transfer is causing the PETG to eventually clog after about 2 hours of printing. If the heat break is not making contact then the clog situation is resolved.

I agree, a machine costing what these do should have ZERO design issues leading to needing part or complete assemblies replaced. Seems like Raise refuses to address the issue only blames the end user or filament. If a 4k printer cant print every type of PLA then whats the point. My 200 Ender3 inside a cabinet can print anything you throw at it. It sad the end users are blamed or ignored. Seems class action lawsuit qualified in my opinion.

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:12 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Naser404 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Sometimes filament stuck inside extruder may due to that there has jam below extruder, such as in hot-end, PTFE tube, then the new filament cannot move in any more.
For any jam, we will recommend to contact Raise3D support to figure out the origin jam is at which height first, remove the jam completely or replace the problem parts then start another print.

Vicky, the thing is these extruder jams as very common on the new Pro-2 as can been seen in many threads by users on this form, so the question is, is Raise 3D aware of this issue and are they working to see what is causing this or are they just assuming its user/filament problem ??

Based on our tests, we found that a lot filament jam inside extruder is due to throat tube. The filament stuck in throat tube and new filament cannot move downward any more but the feeding gear is still trying to push the filament in and grinds out the filament under gear.
If you have any other finding, please feel free to advise us.

That's just stating the obvious and not addressing the issue or proposing a fix.

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:37 am

Hello, Try the following changes in Idea Maker:
To the changes:
in the profile when slicing, settings I have changed the following.
Advanced settings:
extruder;
Minimal Travel of Retraction. set to 4mm.
and
ooze:
Avoid Retraction Inside Model
Hacking must be in there.
Now you should not have any problems unless the pressure clogs the Troate Tube. But I also have a solution for that.
Let me know if it has achieved anything.

My Costume website

bunnynnubxo

Postby bunnynnubxo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:02 am

I too am having an extruder jam, is there a User Manual for the Raise3d Pro2+. Thank you.

Return to “General”