Conductive TPU

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Dale

Conductive TPU

Postby Dale » Wed May 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Anybody know of a source for conductive (dissipative) TPU filament in the USA? Even the expensive graphene TPU from Blackmajic3D appears to be unavailable. The only filament I could find was from Conductivetools in Sweden and I could not find a USA distributor.

Casale8

Re: Conductive TPU

Postby Casale8 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Didn't try the TPU - I can tell you Printing with the Graphene filled Black Magic 3D PLA was horrible on the N2. I put hours into the filament and it was junk. We threw the rest of the roll awayyyyy - .75% of the roll. It was super soft and once it hit temp at the nozzle would bind itself to our buildtak - would not come off - also too soft with **any** heat at the gear.

My experience so far:
For Conductive PLA we use ProtoPasta's CCPLA. Prints real well, but the N2 needs cooling at the gear (a fan) and replacing the gear with a sharp edges tooth to yield really nice results - retraction has to be turned off.

For ESD ABS (disipative for MIL) we use 3DXTECH's ESD ABS]. Prints better than any other ABS I've used for small prints - However, does not do well with larger size prints on the first solid fill layers (X&Y orientation - we didn't print super tall, Z).
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Return to “General”