First Pro2 Print

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Hellsbellsidaho

First Pro2 Print

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Sat May 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Received my Pro2 yesterday. After about 1/2 hour to set up i was off printing my first model. The printer was perfectly level out of the box and the print came out perfect. Only real disappointment is there is no app for my iphone to view the camera.

Alex M.

Re: First Pro2 Print

Postby Alex M. » Sat May 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Did you check the bed level when it was cold or at print temp? We received our N2 plus a couple of weeks ago. When we checked the level it was perfect. PLA prints were great but when we moved to PETG we started having issues. After printing a dial gauge holder we recheck the bed level and found it was again perfect cold, however warm (60 degrees C) it was off by +/- 0.006” or +/- 0.1524mm! Considering we were printing at 0.2mm layer heights the overall difference is over a layer and a half. :shock:

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Alex M. wrote:Did you check the bed level when it was cold or at print temp? We received our N2 plus a couple of weeks ago. When we checked the level it was perfect. PLA prints were great but when we moved to PETG we started having issues. After printing a dial gauge holder we recheck the bed level and found it was again perfect cold, however warm (60 degrees C) it was off by +/- 0.006” or +/- 0.1524mm! Considering we were printing at 0.2mm layer heights the overall difference is over a layer and a half. :shock:

I haven't done that yet but I have printed my first ABS prints with HIPS and they came out excellent. One item I believe Raise overlooked including in the Pro2 was a nozzle cleaner or they should have it programmed to run a short strip on the board. Right now it extrudes small amount of material at the beginning of the print and that material is dragged over to the print.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Mon May 07, 2018 2:30 pm

As a favor since you are one of the first people to have a Pro2, I'd be very curious what versions of firmware (Raisetouch and the motion control) that printer shipped with. These example photos are old from an N2 Plus, but again, what I care about is the version number and then the firmware version. They are 2 different things but tell us a lot about the system.
Home screen.jpg

IMG_0867.JPG

newraiseuser

Postby newraiseuser » Mon May 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Any photos of the printouts? With the filter, did it smell during the printing process?

newraiseuser

Postby newraiseuser » Tue May 08, 2018 12:11 am

Anybody has the N2/N2+ and Pro2? For making the same prints, how many % faster is the Pro2?

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 am

I would be happy if I ever could watch videos / pictures of Pro2 prints ....

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 am

Raise3D .... Errors, Fails, Problems and no test videos ...... I hope my pre-order of the Pro2 was not a mistake :-(

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 pm

@Jetguy For the Pro2, the machine version is 0.9.8.1652 and the firmware version is 0-0-31.

SpaceNinjaPirate

Postby SpaceNinjaPirate » Wed May 09, 2018 3:20 am

Korni wrote:Raise3D .... Errors, Fails, Problems and no test videos ...... I hope my pre-order of the Pro2 was not a mistake :-(

I'm not sure what errors, fails, or problems you're referring to as I've been following information on the Pro2 closely and have not seen any reports of anything so far.

But also as a point of argument, support forums are probably the last place you want to look to get a good idea of how WELL something works. Typically people end up on support forums to post on and find answers to problems they are having with a product. They rarely show up to post on how great the product is. The vast majority of people that are happily using their products without issue, aren't on forums posting about it.

However, I do agree that the lack of feedback on the Pro2 is frustrating at this point, and I only hope something, like maybe a couple of professional reviews, are in the works.

SloBuild

Postby SloBuild » Fri May 11, 2018 12:39 am

Received the Pro2 several days ago and have run a few test prints. This is my first time experience owning or even using a 3d printer. Consequently I can't provide any comparative insights...

What I CAN say is that I'm completely blown away! For a novice, the end-to-end process of unboxing, hardware setup and software setup was absurdly easy. Never having used a slicer before it took me all of 5 minutes to figure out ideaMaker and get started on the first print. Observations so far:
- Great packaging for transport
- Great hardware setup instructions
- Below average software instructions (is there a user manual for ideamaker??)
- BUT I like the software. Easy to configure print settings, upload to printer, start, and monitor from the camera
- Leveling out of the box appears perfect. Everything printed so far is on a raft, and to my untrained eye both the raft and objects have printed properly
- Buildtak plate insert/removal process is super easy
- No smell (assuming PLA even has a smell. Maybe it doesn't?)
- Looks impressive on a workbench :-)

Overall the Pro2 appears to be an exceptionally well designed product and I couldn't be happier.
Now it's time to start the BB-8 project with our kids..

Philip
IMG_0977.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 11, 2018 9:52 am

SloBuild wrote:Received the Pro2 several days ago and have run a few test prints. This is my first time experience owning or even using a 3d printer. Consequently I can't provide any comparative insights...

What I CAN say is that I'm completely blown away! For a novice, the end-to-end process of unboxing, hardware setup and software setup was absurdly easy. Never having used a slicer before it took me all of 5 minutes to figure out ideaMaker and get started on the first print. Observations so far:
- Great packaging for transport
- Great hardware setup instructions
- Below average software instructions (is there a user manual for ideamaker??)
- BUT I like the software. Easy to configure print settings, upload to printer, start, and monitor from the camera
- Leveling out of the box appears perfect. Everything printed so far is on a raft, and to my untrained eye both the raft and objects have printed properly
- Buildtak plate insert/removal process is super easy
- No smell (assuming PLA even has a smell. Maybe it doesn't?)
- Looks impressive on a workbench :-)

Overall the Pro2 appears to be an exceptionally well designed product and I couldn't be happier.
Now it's time to start the BB-8 project with our kids..

Philip
IMG_0977.JPG

Thanks for your support first! Appreciate your comments.
You can find User Manual of ideaMaker under the download icons of ideaMaker in Download Center on our website.
The current User Manual of ideaMaker is written based on previous version of ideaMaker since the new version has just been uploaded last week. We will update the manual very soon.

Return to “General”