What are the pros and cons buying direct from Raise3D online store vs. from a reseller?

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
newraiseuser

What are the pros and cons buying direct from Raise3D online store vs. from a reseller?

Postby newraiseuser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello, what are the pros and cons buying the printer directly from Raise3d's online store vs. through a reseller? There is only one (new) local reseller but they are located in another city too far away for in-person support.

Casale8

Re: What are the pros and cons buying direct from Raise3D online store vs. from a reseller?

Postby Casale8 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 pm

If your reseller is a real reseller, they should be providing 100% product support to save warranty.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

newraiseuser

Re: What are the pros and cons buying direct from Raise3D online store vs. from a reseller?

Postby newraiseuser » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Since this is a brand new reseller, we have no idea if they are a good one.

Noren

Postby Noren » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

If your country has really good consumer rights like Sweden I would buy from a reseller. :).

SpaceNinjaPirate

Postby SpaceNinjaPirate » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:29 am

newraiseuser wrote:Since my city is in the opposite coast as Raise3D and the new Canadian reseller, the only advantage buying from the new reseller is that the transportation cost within Canada is cheaper. Since it is new, nobody knows how they will treat their customers. The former reseller (now fired) did not want to support their own customers.

Might I ask which Canadian resellers you are referring to? I'm only familiar with one reseller and am curious whether it's the old reseller or the new one you mention.

EDIT: Seems my post was approved after your original post was deleted. However, being a Canadian myself, I'm genuinely curious assuming your original post is still valid.

Return to “General”