Just Released N2 Pro

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:45 am

Magic-Goat wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Jetguy wrote:#7 since the photo shows new nozzles that do appear slightly different than current nozzles, with hard coated versions also be sold (AKA V2H)?


New nozzle is optimized for high volume speed printing, not the same as N series’ nozzles.
We will release harden type later.


Are the threads the same so that the olsson ruby can still be used? I was looking at recommending this for my work and this is a pretty important feature for us?


The thread of nozzle will be the same as N series'.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:54 am

Jetguy wrote:Camera system- sorry, I think users will be less than happy with this compared to external IP cameras and much more feature rich solutions.
I do understand the security concerns (someone using the camera to spy on a user or workplace) but somehow a better compromise needs met (in other words, get the security in place (login and authentication allowing transfer). Again, to me, users are simply going to find the camera not as useful and feature rich as they may want.


We do understand that only a camera without other functions is not such useful. We will release more information about the platform including more functions related to camera and remote control later.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:56 am

Jetguy wrote:Filament detection and workarounds= fail. Create shorter segments?? Breaking segments is visible in a single wall print- most likely where you are printing a large object with a big flat face (hence why the segment would be long). It's just not a plan. Please tell me this will not be enabled by default in Ideamaker as that would wreak havoc with current owners. In other words, a menu and to enable it warns the user of potential issues, disabled by default and requires a conscience user action to enable. Again, I'd have trouble telling anyone that's a good workaround. Instant pause has problems too, cannot happen in the middle of a segment unless there is some serious low level code happening in the motion planner. Bottom line is for some prints, probably works fine and catches before you are actually out of filament and make a line without extruding. On the other hand, there are also absolutely prints that will run out before pause stops in time. You hope that's on infill and not the perimeter. Single wall vase mode- best of luck.


We have taken this issue into consideration before and have already tested several times. By now, we found that in most cases, only Raft and Vase Mode will be affected due to this. But actually the printing quality of Raft won’t affect the final printing result of the model a lot. And Vase Mode is not a such high-frequency printing mode in daily use. Since ideaMaker tends to output short commends by origin. So temporarily we will keep this which won’t affect common use. And meanwhile, we are working hard on instant pause which will be included into later firmware update to ensure it can cover all the issues.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:58 am

Jetguy wrote:Last, I'm tempted to call you out on speeds. If the basic gantry mechanics stayed the same, and the change here is electronics and firmware, yes, you may have sent gcode at 80mm/s perimeter. Like I've said hundreds of times, that's like a speed limit sign in both the max speed and desired speed- but absolutely says nothing to the actual mechanical speed. You might have improved and printed faster, but real speed and set speed are not the same thing. Again, not saying you could not have made an improvement, I'm saying let's not kid each other and lie, that number and it's actual mechanical movement value are not the same. And really, I'm saying a negative statement here, so if I'm wrong, then great for you and egg on my face. If I'm right, then users printing massive objects will see a speed increase, but not at the scale the numbers indicate. 25mm/s to 80mm/s is more than 3X faster, but the print is not 3X shorter in time.


It’s true that rising printing speed from 25mm/s to 80mm/s is not a simple math of 3X shorter time. Based on our tests of Pro2 series printers by now, 20%-30% time off with the same layer height compared with N series’ printer is accomplishable. What’s more, the more important point is that the improvement is not only the printing speed, but you can get the high quality with less printing time.
With N series printer, we set 0.15mm layer height as standard option. But now the Pro2 series printer can almost reach to the same printing quality or sometimes even better under 0.25mm layer height compared with N series’. We think it does make sense for the users who use the printers for heavy daily work.
Nor is this all, we are also exploring the area of lager size nozzle with adaptive layer height which may need a more powerful electronic platform and firmware.

Tim
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:27 am

Hey Vicky,

whats about auto bed leveling? We are considering to buy the new pro version. But, if there is and will be no auto bed leveling, we may stick with the N2. We have done the BL-Touch mod, which only was possible due to the marlin firm.

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Casale8 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm

:?:
For the love printing, can we add an auto shut-off option to the end of printing?
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

User avatar
Noren
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 am
Location: Borås, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Noren » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Casale8 wrote::?:
For the love printing, can we add an auto shut-off option to the end of printing?


Would be nice to know if it even would be possible. Since the off button is a physical switch that needs to be flicked.

newraiseuser
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby newraiseuser » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello Raise3D, how come the single extruder version of the N2 and Pro2 are not listed in the web store? I noticed that the status of N2 has just changed to sold out. Are you going to have more this month or you will stop its production?

bwulfe
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby bwulfe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Noren wrote: I really need this as well. Don’t want to sleep with the printer on. But sometimes I fall asleep before it’s finished. And then my son is mad about the fan noise when he wakes up in the middle of the night and can’t fall backs to sleep.


Since the main power is a physical switch, unrelated to the other controls, an outright full-shutdown seems impractical. (Without major redesign) A far simpler solution that could address most user concerns would be to add options to shut down the fans, lights, etc, after a print has completed. A delay could be set, allowing the fans to cool down the print head; prior to shutting off. Since the fans can be shut off via G-code, that would seem to be the easiest fix.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an additional option to turn the fans off, during initial hot-end heat up. The cooling extends the time required to reach desired temp; especially when printing with high-temp plastics. For Polycarbonate blends, I tend to insert a Teflon strip between the fan exhaust and heat sync block, then remove it once temp is reached. (Annoying that I can shut down the fans, during my print, via G-code; but can not do so, during filament load and pre-print heatup) While blocking the fan works, it is a pain. It also allows heat to escape from the enclosure; when I am trying to maintain a warm environment, to reduce warping.

To Vicky and/or other Raise3D reps; would this be a feasible option for you to incorporate into not only the new Pro2, but also the N2 series, via firmware update?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 am

bwulfe wrote:Since the main power is a physical switch, unrelated to the other controls, an outright full-shutdown seems impractical. (Without major redesign) A far simpler solution that could address most user concerns would be to add options to shut down the fans, lights, etc, after a print has completed. A delay could be set, allowing the fans to cool down the print head; prior to shutting off. Since the fans can be shut off via G-code, that would seem to be the easiest fix.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an additional option to turn the fans off, during initial hot-end heat up. The cooling extends the time required to reach desired temp; especially when printing with high-temp plastics. For Polycarbonate blends, I tend to insert a Teflon strip between the fan exhaust and heat sync block, then remove it once temp is reached. (Annoying that I can shut down the fans, during my print, via G-code; but can not do so, during filament load and pre-print heatup) While blocking the fan works, it is a pain. It also allows heat to escape from the enclosure; when I am trying to maintain a warm environment, to reduce warping.

To Vicky and/or other Raise3D reps; would this be a feasible option for you to incorporate into not only the new Pro2, but also the N2 series, via firmware update?


For N series, we don't highly recommend to change the origin constant-on nozzle cooling fan to the code control mode. Since as long as you are heating the nozzle, the coldend of the hotend needs to keep staying at low temperature, or it may cause serious clog inside.
For Pro series, we have separate the nozzle cooling fan and model cooling fan. The model cooling fans on both sides can be controlled by code now.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:48 am

newraiseuser wrote:Hello Raise3D, how come the single extruder version of the N2 and Pro2 are not listed in the web store? I noticed that the status of N2 has just changed to sold out. Are you going to have more this month or you will stop its production?


Unfortunately, the N2 printer with single extruder is out of stock and we are not planning to produce more at this stage.
The Pro2 series are all installed with dual-extruder and nozzle leveling system by default.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:49 am

Tim wrote:Hey Vicky,

whats about auto bed leveling? We are considering to buy the new pro version. But, if there is and will be no auto bed leveling, we may stick with the N2. We have done the BL-Touch mod, which only was possible due to the marlin firm.


From our tests, we think that mechanical pre-calibration is more reliable than electronic system. Once the calibration is achieved, the flatness will be more accurate which will result in a higher quality of the printed models.

Alex M.
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Alex M. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Tim wrote:Hey Vicky,

whats about auto bed leveling? We are considering to buy the new pro version. But, if there is and will be no auto bed leveling, we may stick with the N2. We have done the BL-Touch mod, which only was possible due to the marlin firm.


From our tests, we think that mechanical pre-calibration is more reliable than electronic system. Once the calibration is achieved, the flatness will be more accurate which will result in a higher quality of the printed models.


Is there any available documentation as to how one would level the new heated bed with the movable nozzles?

Turbo442
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Turbo442 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 pm

I am confused, why would Raise3D be shipping the initial batch Pro2 printers with a bunch of 3d printed parts? I would be very disappointed if I paid $4000 for a professional grade printer to find a bunch of 3d printed upgrades all over the thing? Wouldn't it make more sense to develop the molded parts properly and release the new product line when it is ready for production?

SpaceNinjaPirate
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby SpaceNinjaPirate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:From our tests, we think that mechanical pre-calibration is more reliable than electronic system. Once the calibration is achieved, the flatness will be more accurate which will result in a higher quality of the printed models.

So, about the bed leveling system, is it similar to the one found on the N2 series or has it been changed?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am

Alex M. wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Tim wrote:Hey Vicky,

whats about auto bed leveling? We are considering to buy the new pro version. But, if there is and will be no auto bed leveling, we may stick with the N2. We have done the BL-Touch mod, which only was possible due to the marlin firm.


From our tests, we think that mechanical pre-calibration is more reliable than electronic system. Once the calibration is achieved, the flatness will be more accurate which will result in a higher quality of the printed models.


Is there any available documentation as to how one would level the new heated bed with the movable nozzles?


We will prepare document soon.
Actually with the new leveling system, only the calibration points in 4 corners need to be adjusted.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:20 am

SpaceNinjaPirate wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:From our tests, we think that mechanical pre-calibration is more reliable than electronic system. Once the calibration is achieved, the flatness will be more accurate which will result in a higher quality of the printed models.

So, about the bed leveling system, is it similar to the one found on the N2 series or has it been changed?


We have upgraded the leveling system.

The stiffness of material used for heated bed on N series requires 13 different calibration points to ensure its flatness.

Now, in the Pro2 series, the stiffness of the material used for the new heated bed is higher, so the calibration is possible with only 4 points. The other 9 points are only there for fixing.

Ben Roj
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:32 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Ben Roj » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:02 am

Matterhacker has the new pro2 demo unit on display now. If anyone has a chance to visit them, might want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_cm8eobCk


Does anyone know where I can get the silicone sockets shown in the video?

Jetguy
Posts: 2700
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby Jetguy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

Here, pulled a screenshot of the video so others can see the hotend insulating socks since I missed that detail in watching the video myself.
Hotend Silicone Socks.jpg

newraiseuser
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 am

Re: Just Released N2 Pro

Postby newraiseuser » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 am

Is this good or bad? Seems to be the latter.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests