mileage and routine maintenance

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
duke666

mileage and routine maintenance

Postby duke666 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 am

Hi, how to find out how many hours the printer has worked, is there any counter? And what is the life of the belts? When to think about maintenance beyond lubrication?

duke666

Re: mileage and routine maintenance

Postby duke666 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:37 pm

anyone will answer?

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:58 pm

PRINT -> DASHBOARD will tell you print time.
Beyond lubrication I think most folks run until it breaks.

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:47 pm

zemlin wrote:PRINT -> DASHBOARD will tell you print time.

Really breaks... has that happened? ;)
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

awolf

Postby awolf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:27 am

Everything breaks eventually. But there are almost always some warning signs. After every few days prints, I generally move the extruder around by hand, just to see how it feels. If it's not as smooth as it usually is, isolate the cause, if you can—does it need clean grease? Is a belt beginning to loosen? (This hasn't happened to us yet.) is there more play anywhere that doesn't feel right? You get the idea.

A real service manual would be great, and hopefully one will come. I'm used to machine tools, where you pretty much always get exploded views that have parts numbers on everything, and anyone with a mechanical bent can look at the drawing and understand the machine. I'm certainly not there yet with these printers.

But this forum is a great asset, and probably the best place to start trouble-shooting.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

I want to see not the time of printing, but the total time of printing from the moment of first switching on

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 pm

awolf wrote:Everything breaks eventually. But there are almost always some warning signs. After every few days prints, I generally move the extruder around by hand, just to see how it feels. If it's not as smooth as it usually is, isolate the cause, if you can—does it need clean grease? Is a belt beginning to loosen? (This hasn't happened to us yet.) is there more play anywhere that doesn't feel right? You get the idea.

A real service manual would be great, and hopefully one will come. I'm used to machine tools, where you pretty much always get exploded views that have parts numbers on everything, and anyone with a mechanical bent can look at the drawing and understand the machine. I'm certainly not there yet with these printers.

But this forum is a great asset, and probably the best place to start trouble-shooting.

there is a problem of head noise and vibration
Sometimes it helps with lubrication but for a few days, I ordered bearings, I will change

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 pm

found thanks ))

Return to “General”