Printer failure

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
mark_3d

Re: Printer failure

Postby mark_3d » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:12 am

this morning the i found the printer has stopped ad half print, but this time without screen freezing and i was printing pla with a open enclosure.

Noren

Postby Noren » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:04 pm

My bet is that you need to replace the ribbon cable to the break out board on the extruder. Sounds like the exact random errors I got.

mark_3d

Postby mark_3d » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Noren wrote:My bet is that you need to replace the ribbon cable to the break out board on the extruder. Sounds like the exact random errors I got.

I have Cecked the ribbon cable and it looks OK... It doesn't move...

Noren

Postby Noren » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:53 pm

You have to remove it from the cable harness to be able to inspect it. Or measure each strand from end to end with a multimeter. It breaks inside the plastic cable harness from the hotend. If you hasn’t done it already. Open a ticket with support at help.raise3d.com

DetroitCW

Postby DetroitCW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:50 am

Same failure here. After just 1 print.

Looking for a solution that is a bit more versatile. I would hate to have to replace this cable after every few prints.

Noren

Postby Noren » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm

DetroitCW wrote:Same failure here. After just 1 print.

Looking for a solution that is a bit more versatile. I would hate to have to replace this cable after every few prints.

Someone mentioned replacing them with a braided cable. But I don’t have any info about what kind of cable and connector. If someone has info about this, please share. :)

Also if anyone has info about what type av cable chain that would fit the N1 I would be happy. And how to attach the cable chain to the printer.

jack26

Postby jack26 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:06 am

Hello,

I saw your error pic that type of error generated when you run printer in hot temperature & machine does not perform.so just stop for few minutes after that again run. Do that step.
Thanks...

Return to “General”