How accrate are bushings diameters.

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
air2gnd

How accrate are bushings diameters.

Postby air2gnd » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 am

I am looking to buy a Raise3d n2 dual extruder.
I would like to know how accurate is this printer. Most printers have a very difficult time in making round circles, bushings. I have attached
2 files a stl file from Solidworks 2017, and a jpeg drawing for reference. Please try it out and let me know your results.
Thanks to all who try it.
Eugene
Attachments
Test Circle.STL
(70.2 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Test Circle.JPG

Casale8

Re: How accrate are bushings diameters.

Postby Casale8 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm

The level of detail your stl was created with will be a factor to how round the part will be.
Capture.JPG

This is your STL file, the lines above will be where the printer will be printing linear. The Raise 3d preview doesn't show you this. But this is what will happen. the Raise3D print quality is fantastic, but this is a step controlled prior to 3D Print software.

Tighten up your STL resolution tolerance and deviation on conversion to STL if you think this will be a problem.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

air2gnd

Postby air2gnd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Thank you for your reply. The stl file. is the one created by solidworks 2017. The tolerance and deviation is almost at its lowest number possible. I use the custom settings.

Thanks

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 pm

I posted some tools I use to ensure dimensional accuracy in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5111
I can reliably print with better than +/- .1mm (.004") for inside and outside dimensions, and often within +/- .05mm.

Return to “General”