Filament Brand suggestions

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Vice Chief

Re: Filament Brand suggestions

Postby Vice Chief » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:43 pm

My go-to ABS is eSun black, I've printed many hundreds of objects with it. The only change I make to the stock ABS profile is changing the nozzle temp to 245 and the bed to 108. What sort of problems are you having?

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Vice Chief wrote:My go-to ABS is eSun black, I've printed many hundreds of objects with it. The only change I make to the stock ABS profile is changing the nozzle temp to 245 and the bed to 108. What sort of problems are you having?

Warpage is my issue. I gave up on the Buildtak and just installed Gizmo Dorks PEI sheet. Seems to be sticking a lot better now. Does the bed temp increase of 8 make big difference?

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm

With suggestions on this thread
N2 Dual

INLAND ABS works super well - small and large.
3DXtech ESD ABS prints well - small and large.
Raise3D ABS is nice - prints are nice, not nearly as nice as inland ABS.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Warpage is my issue. I gave up on the Buildtak and just installed Gizmo Dorks PEI sheet. Seems to be sticking a lot better now. Does the bed temp increase of 8 make big difference?[/quote]

I use ABS juice on glass, but yes, it makes a big difference for me. If the bed is at 100, prints will peel up no matter what. It's possible that is because the glass plate itself is a bit of an insulator.

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Vice Chief wrote:Warpage is my issue. I gave up on the Buildtak and just installed Gizmo Dorks PEI sheet. Seems to be sticking a lot better now. Does the bed temp increase of 8 make big difference?

I use ABS juice on glass, but yes, it makes a big difference for me. If the bed is at 100, prints will peel up no matter what. It's possible that is because the glass plate itself is a bit of an insulator.[/quote]

I have PEI from Buildtak on it's way to me now and a second removable plate from Raise3D. I am hoping the PEI from Buildtak works well.

Return to “General”