ABS Printing

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
EldRick

Re: ABS Printing

Postby EldRick » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Here in reality few people use rafts, unless they have a lot of spare time and don't mind the resulting sandpaper-like bottom surface.

Gowfster

Postby Gowfster » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 pm

I’m a noob to this, just got my N2Plus a week ago... but my ABS printing has been no problem. I use the standard profile in the slicer that came with the printer, use the Raise3d premium filament, have top on and doors closed, I use purple glue stick on the stock bed. The bed adhesion is higher than with PLA based on the amount of force it takes for identical parts/rafts to be removed. I have had PLA warp a couple of times (suspect dirty bed) but the ABS is really bonded down. I didn’t change anything on the extruder airflow from when I did PLA.

Question though... is there a way to get the top surface, which I want to be very nice, look better than what seems like fairly course diagonal fill? On some parts that unique look is fine, but in general would like options for different type of finally layer finishes?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:44 am

Gowfster wrote:I’m a noob to this, just got my N2Plus a week ago... but my ABS printing has been no problem. I use the standard profile in the slicer that came with the printer, use the Raise3d premium filament, have top on and doors closed, I use purple glue stick on the stock bed. The bed adhesion is higher than with PLA based on the amount of force it takes for identical parts/rafts to be removed. I have had PLA warp a couple of times (suspect dirty bed) but the ABS is really bonded down. I didn’t change anything on the extruder airflow from when I did PLA.

Question though... is there a way to get the top surface, which I want to be very nice, look better than what seems like fairly course diagonal fill? On some parts that unique look is fine, but in general would like options for different type of finally layer finishes?

Do you mean different type of surface fill such as Concentric? Or you don't like to make the infill lines more fuzzy, such as Ironing the top surface so that the the lines won't be such clear to be seen.

basilfawlty

Postby basilfawlty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 am

I print exclusively with ABS or ABS+ and have found that 3DLac works spectacularly well for prints that require very strong adhesion. They stick like crazy until the plate cools down and then they pop right off.
Raise3D N2+

Return to “General”