Couple of new owner questions comments

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
kencfii

Couple of new owner questions comments

Postby kencfii » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello All,
I opened a new ticket on the nozzle position mentioned below but thought I would post here too as the community always has great help and maybe others can learn too...

Hello new to this printer (I have a few others) a few questions please:

When I home the x/y/z axis the print heads are off the print bed so it is hard to test z height with the feeler guage or anything. The left nozzle is off to the left of the bed and both nozzles are off the bed on the x axis towards the door. Off by several cm's. picture attached.
Is this normal?
if so - I need to disable motors and move head manually to be on print bed to check z height.

When you explain z height adjustment - turning the screw just changes the target for z height adjust - it does not directly move the z axis - I am sure that is what you mean but the instructions make it seem that way (can be confusing to someone new to 3D). What I do is adjust the screw and then re-home the z axis- then check the height...
I assume the Gcode from ideamaker will re-home all axis before starting a print so even if I forget and leave the axis not at home there will be no issue...

Is the printer, when hooked up with Ethernet, supposed to show up as a drive on my desktop? I can send a file over from ideamaker and the control panel shows an IP but my PC does not show the printer as a drive which would allow direct sending of files etc.
Is it supposed to show up as a drive? would be nice

Michael.P@Raise3D

Re: Couple of new owner questions comments

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Kencfii,

Thank you for joining our community, we are glad to have you and look forward to answering your questions.

X/Y Axis: The X and Y home position will be off the print bed as a precaution for the bed to not hit the nozzle and cause damage to the gantry. When checking the Z-Gap you may want to move the print head by hand or move it using the x/y movement command.

Z adjustment: Turn the screw clockwise will bring the bed closer once you have used the Home button on the touchscreen. This screw is an offset adjustment and will not take effect until the next home calibration. When a model is started the printer will home all axis, so any adjustment made without checking before this may have negative results upon starting the print.

Printer connectivity: The printer, when connected to Wifi or Ethernet, will not show up on your network as a device. It should be visible in ideaMaker on the "Connect" tab. you must be on the same network in order to view the printer. E.g. Using a laptop on the 5ghz wifi and the printer is on the 2.4ghz wifi, the laptop will not see the printer even through it is the same router. The printer will not show up as a drive on you network.

Please let us know if there are more questions or need of assistance.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

kencfii

Re: Couple of new owner questions comments

Postby kencfii » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you
Exactly as I thought

Appreciate it

Return to “General”