settings support

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
duke666

settings support

Postby duke666 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am

tell me the settings. hello, tell me what settings you need to put in the slicer for printing support with a single extruder PLA. choosing the standard settings, I have the printer finished printing support before it was necessary, what is the reason?
Attachments
Xiix3kUWhA8.jpg
eNy-ZrMT-AU.jpg
pUX4QMYG22s.jpg
BGvIzUXUU8g.jpg

Michael.P@Raise3D

Re: settings support

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Duke666,

That is an interesting problem to have, are you on the new "Test" version of ideaMaker or is this on 2.6.0? I would recommend not adding in supports your self and letting ideaMaker generate the supports in the slice as the first test. Simply load the STL into ideaMaker and go to Slice>Edit>Support and set it to support All.

Support option.jpg

Once this is done you can slice the model as normal and use the preview function to view the supports generated. Please let us know if this problem persists by submitting a support ticket at http://help.raise3d.com/support/home

Thanks,
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Yes, if after downloading the model immediately press the slice and put support everywhere, it turns out normal automatic support, though the support lines are somehow torn, it's ok? on the last picture
Attachments
слайс.jpg

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:50 pm

in the new slicer 3.0 by the way the same problem, before it did the same process in version 2.6.0.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Duke666, I would say you may want to increase the amount of support being generated by the slice. Once again go to Slice>Profile select>Edit>Advanced>Support. Change the support amount to see if the holes in the supports disappear.

Support amount.jpg

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello, Duke666
Try this setting. I got it from someone and it works very well. Only 1 comment. Try ABS instead PLA. With this support setting, it is very easy to remove support. With PLA it is harder.
Attachments
Support.jpg

duke666

Postby duke666 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi, the wiki. I want to ask - why in the instruction to the printer Raisa3DN2Dual it is written that it is necessary to put a gap between the table and the nozzle 0.25 with the probe in the set giving 0.2. For a long time I could not understand why I did not want the material to stick to the table, until I was told that the gap is even 0.2 mm with the nozzle 0.4 it's very much and we need to put a gap of 0.1mm. Now it became normal to stick to the table any material. Perhaps the problem with the support was in this. But I do not understand then why such data is given in the manual?

duke666

Postby duke666 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

sgeolog wrote:Hello, Duke666
Try this setting. I got it from someone and it works very well. Only 1 comment. Try ABS instead PLA. With this support setting, it is very easy to remove support. With PLA it is harder.

Thanks for the settings, I'll try, as long as I do not have ABS)

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi Duke666,

At the moment we include a .2mm shim with every printer to use for setting the nozzle height and assist in setting the level of the bed. Being that this is setting the 0 point we have the software add an additional .3mm to the first layer. If you have issues with the first layer sticking down you will want to look at the first line being laid down and see its thickness. If it is thin and squiggly the nozzle is set too far from the plate. If the line is too thin and almost transparent the nozzle is too close to the bed.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 am

Hi, I have a test model with the standard settings for the PLA on the Slicer version 2.6. 205 nozzle temperature and 40 bed, used the back side of the bed smooth with glue in pencil, the main layer is 0.1mm, there are some inaccuracies that can be fixed? and the second question, with rapid idle moving of the extruder starts to rattle, as if little lubrication, smeared with silicone grease, helped but still there are some sounds, what is it? 3rd question - what do you recommend to use so that the part will not be unstuck? on the cover of buildtak nothing at all holds! On the glass is kept small parts with glue, but the edges still begin to peel off! recommendations?
Attachments
LQgaeR-wmko.jpg
f4cpJI6cY7U.jpg
D0yGCqmwkt0.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:03 am

For the strange sounds, do you feel any stuck when move the extruder around manually or screen control? For the lube, normally we will recommend PTFE type of lube. And before apply new lube, please wipe off the origin ones in case any chemical reaction between different composition.
For the bed adhesion, first is to make sure the distance between nozzle and build plate is around 0.2mm, especially the sections where keeps on have warp problem.
If the distance is within proper range, increase the bed temperature. Based on our tests, if the ambient temperature is not such warm, the highest we have tried for PLA is 65C, normally aorund 40-60C.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:47 am

Tell me please how different the brass nozzle and Hot End V2H nozzle?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am

Both the brass nozzle and harden are brass based and have the same structure. But the harden type has harden coat out of the whole nozzle, which can protect the nozzle to burden more resistance from filled type filament, such as woodfill, metalfill, since brass is a kind of soft metal.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 am

Hello, there is a question about connecting the fans, you have 4 pins for the fans on the extruder, initially, if you look at the pins, it's connected to pin 3 and 4, both fans are running constantly, the settings are not taken into account. If you move the fans to pins 1 and 2, they start to work according to the settings. But for example with PLA plastic from REC purple problems begin, without cooling the radiator of the extruder, it starts to get stuck there and the supply stops. And on the first layer, I do not need blowing. It turns out that it is necessary to constantly cool the extruder, and cooling the part is done only by opening or closing the lid? it is necessary for me after the first layer to put a pause and to remove manually a cover? And the second question, I noticed that all the lower nuts of fastening the table to the shaft were unscrewed, is this normal?
Attachments
IMG_4865.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 am

For the first question, we suggest do not move the side cooling fans to code controllable slots. Or as you have seen, the coldend of the nozzle will have no enough cooling air to keep it stay at cool status, filament will go soft too early and stuck inside the throat tube which will be hard to clean off.
More recommend you to install fan duct and remove it after the first few layers manually with pause code.

For those nuts, they are designed to be loose. In our factory, we will tighten them manually until feel resistance. Then turn back a half round. If they are too loose on your machine, you can follow the same steps we do in factory.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:49 am

that is, the nuts should be slightly untwisted? I tighten up to the stop and turn the floor of the turn back, it turns out the bolts are slightly dangling, right?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:52 am

Yes, the nuts should be keep at loose state. But if too loose, during the platform moving, you will hear annoying noise from the nuts. So that we will tighten it but loose a little bit, so that it won't create too much noise.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am

where I can throw the video, does not help lubricating the shafts, still there are strange sounds. Description of the problem: for idle (without extrusion) rapid movement of only one axis, X or Y, and only in one direction (for example, only to the left or only toward oneself) produces unpleasant sounds, as if the guide shafts are dry, lubricated with PTFE and silicone PTFE grease , something of a result of 0, somewhere louder, somewhere quieter happening. In the slicer, the default setting is the X axis movement 100mm / sec.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 pm

in dealership I was told that the linear bearings most likely rustle, if the lubrication of the shafts did not help, then the only solution to eliminate noise is to replace them. The printer did not even use the coil, a month at home.

duke666

Postby duke666 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 pm

The dealer said will vary under the warranty

Return to “General”