A second Raise3D

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
ExLondoner

A second Raise3D

Postby ExLondoner » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 am

I have another printer incoming and wanted to know if it is possible to have both connected to IM? If so how would I know which one to send the print too?

TIA

Jetguy

Re: A second Raise3D

Postby Jetguy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:50 am

Yes, both can connect, be sure to name them different names to better pick them out.
Example is I have 2 different models (N1 and N2Plus).
Ideamaker connect screen.jpg

That said, if you have multiples of the same model you can change the name so that it shows up.
First, using the LCD menu, click the "gear" icon below the battery icon in the upper right corner to get to settings.
DSC04903.JPG

Then, there is a tiny triangle beside the machine name showing that there is a hidden menu so click on the tiny triangle in the corner of the name.
Rename machine.jpg

That opens a text box where you can edit the name.
DSC04905.JPG

Note, you must reboot the printer for this setting name change to take affect on the network.

This is turn means that when you edit the machine name- you can differentiate printers of the same model (Printer1, Printer2 and so on).
machine rename detail.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:52 am

Also, when you choose the upload from ideamaker- same thing, this is how the name change appears.
Ideamaker upload choice..jpg

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Another quick way to identify them they are listed by IP addresses in your network. You can check the IP address in Settings, then the Ethernet tab. See the included images below:

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

ExLondoner

Postby ExLondoner » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Jet Guy this is extremely helpful, I appreciate you taking the time to respond with clear and precise details. :)

Return to “General”