Dual Extruder

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
mhayduk

Dual Extruder

Postby mhayduk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:04 am

We're on the fence whether or not to purchase a Dual extruder Raise N2? We are wondering how well the N2 dual extruder manages dual extruding? We noticed that it does not have the ability to raise the extruder that is not in action? For a printer that is rather new we find this odd, because this is a well known issue with dual extruders "dragging" the inactive extruder through the other extruders just laid plastic?

walshlg

Re: Dual Extruder

Postby walshlg » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 am

alll dual extruders have to be aligned perfectly.

just because it has 2 heads doesn't mean just anyone can handle it.

Rogman

Postby Rogman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm

you can move the 2nd extruder out of the way when not using. I don't have any problems aligning and setting the extruders. When I need to do a dual print I loosen both (after unloading filament) extruders and let them both sit on a .006 feeler gauge. lightly (snug, but thats it) tighten the set screw on each and then finish with the screw in the front of each extruder. Tighten the screw in front more than the set screws on the side. the only thing I have to do after that is verify my z-gap is still good. I am running the BMG dual direct drive extruders by Bondtech. but as with anything "practice makes perfect".

Rogman

Postby Rogman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 pm

another thing to note, when I am using 1 extruder I do an initial setting of the nozzles, my main extruder sits on a .006 feeler gauge and the right is on a .011. No nozzle strikes! :D I do this on all my Raise3d printers.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Most non-obsessive mortals will find that it is extremely difficult to get a good two-material print, and that the second nozzle often causes single-nozzle print issues, as well as inhibiting the ability to cool the print well.
I have a dual-nozzle N2, and wish I had bought a single-nozzle.

Return to “General”