What are your current projects?

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
NewGuy

What are your current projects?

Postby NewGuy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

I've been visiting this forum for a while. I see lots of obviously skilled and knowledgeable people helping out. I'm curious, what do you people use these printers for? I understand that for some it's just a hobby to play with and print fun things, but are any of you using what you print for a larger project? If so, what is it?

walshlg

Re: What are your current projects?

Postby walshlg » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:07 am

printing sun filter holders for binoculars and a telescope, parts for a rocketry control unit

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:12 am

The specifics are confidential, but basically prototypes of new consumer product concepts. Each prototype iteration is about 30 hours of printing and there are 5 styles, so the N2 has been running more or less non-stop (with SpoolWorks "Edge" PET filament) for the past few months, and flawlessly. My only significant modification is a PEI bed. Still using the original nozzle it came with from the Kickstarter.

Mecha_Monster

Postby Mecha_Monster » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:09 am

A loot of tooling for mechanical testing equipment, proof of concept of steel equipment, prototyping iteration of products. Also to print toys in my spare time

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm in between Julia and Mecha_Monster. I run a fast prototyping shop where I do new product development, and I also make optical instruments and do basic R&D for a few different industries (right now, mostly for Hollywood stuff). So if you are reading this and you have any weird ideas you'd like to try out, get in touch. :)

Return to “General”