2017 Any new improvements? or coming soon?

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
chengl03

2017 Any new improvements? or coming soon?

Postby chengl03 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello Raise3D,

I was thinking of getting another printer but when I looked at the latest improvements on the Raise3d website and community, there seems to be nothing new on improvements, and was wondering if there is going to be any updates on improvements that Raise3d plans to make for there printers that will be available soon that is worth to wait to buy.

Making it simple, should I buy another one now or wait to buy if there is new improvements Raise3d plan to make soon (not a year or two later)?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: 2017 Any new improvements? or coming soon?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 15, 2017 10:36 am

I don't have a clear list of improvements which will import into production in this year. But as I know, we do have some improvement on hand, but most are under testing process.
So that they will still need a few months to import the into production. Even start importing into production, the first machine of that batch needs at least about one month in our factory, including IQC, producing, testing, OQC. Then a month shipped to resellers' warehouse, then to end customers. And during that, both our resellers and us need to sell the old batches out first. Then start selling the new batches.
Which means even you wait a few months for the upgrade, the machine you receive may still be with old batches' parts on it.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Mon May 15, 2017 12:31 pm

I love my N2Plus a lot, but,
To be honest, since many months, from my side I don't see a lot of improvements, and I wonder why;
The web site is almost the same. In the store, I don't see more spare parts or different filaments.
The Wiki page is not really updated or having more informations to help, since last year.
Only the Raisers propose or modifie what is going wrong with their printer.
The Goal of 2016-2017, is it still " Best Large-Format FFF 3D Printer Company " ?

I whish many improvements for the future. Would be better design;

The extruders and hot ends ( directly a Bondtech ? ) ; The right extruder could lift a bit when not in use.
The extruders fans and caps; Even if the caps are on, I still feel air blowing on my hand.
The bed leveling; If it is possible to improve it to obtain a better adjustment.
A better safety for the "Z" axis; If the limit switch is defective in the future.
The top cover; A better way to lift and dispose of it. Because it is easy to drop and break it.
A printer without "grease" that has to be wash and applied on the rods.
A way to put a "Pause" the machine when there is missing or there is no more filament.
It would be great to put a 2kg filament roll inside the printer, or having an outside access.
The PTFE guiding tubes should accepted flexible filaments; I took them off.
It would be nice to have a " 3D Printing Fume Extraction or filter solution".
The possibility to shut the printer off by the Touchscreen

Vicky, simply knowing your intentions would be great for us and future buyers! :D
Last edited by Billucas on Thu May 18, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks so much for you suggestion. I have taken notes and advise to our R&D department.

Would you like to advise a little more about the safety of Z axis and top cover?

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue May 16, 2017 11:48 am

Vicky,
I edit my post to be more clear.
I am happy to participate and give suggestions like the other great Raisers here.
Don't forget that I love my N2 Plus.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Tue May 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Suggested improvements:

1) Some sort of air tight area for filament reels when in use ie for PVA, Nylon etc or some sort or anti-moisture.

2) A book detailing exactly how to set all materials especially ones that cause grief like nylons, PVA, Ninjaflex etc

3) Better still or an update that has these settings in the filament list by default so you just pick it and speed and high-quality settings as well as standard for these, plus typical dual settign like pLA and support etc

4) SORT OUT THE RELIABILITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its no good if you get a nice printer yippee then each time you try and do anything requiring supports or mateirals other than basic PLA or exotic shapes including your own fan ducts, trying to use nylon of ninjaflex it all goes wrong, stringy, gravelly prints went wrong or the raft sticks and nothing else does, it should be ninjaflex and support, pal and pva or other support abs and hipps , set up come back in the morning all done no problem.

5) These was supposed to be a webcam say that can zoom in and turn.... what happened to it and more important how to link printer to the net so you can pause or stop prints gone bad.

6) Some soft material around the build plate of if scraping in the printer and it slips and bangs the side of the printer it would crack the plate or the printer.

7) The move buttons in utilities allow us to input the distance or hold the button and it keep moving.... jnot little steps like down to half hight when we need to get at the hot end

8) You screen seems to loose its touch capacitance after a few mins till you turn it on and off... please sort.

9) Would help to know how to clean out burnt material like nylon , pva etc again instructions, and pease explain all settings and I mean all

10) When you try and push in materials from the reels it alwasy gets stuck on the entrance bolts and start of inner bowden os it tube near the filments,,, and you fix this so things just slip in?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 am

Billucas wrote:Vicky,
I edit my post to be more clear.
I am happy to participate and give suggestions like the other great Raisers here.
Don't forget that I love my N2 Plus.

Thanks for your explanation and your support.

Return to “General”