N2 Plus (v2 hot end) Stopped Printing

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
farrelcorp

N2 Plus (v2 hot end) Stopped Printing

Postby farrelcorp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Did a quick search and couldn't find any other instances of this happening, so I'm making a new topic about it.

My N2+ stopped printing about 4 hours into a print with about 10 hours remaining.

The nozzle stayed right where it was. Everything cooled down to zero as though the print were done.
There was no warning, no error message, no indication of anything being wrong.
It no longer thinks it's in the middle of a print, but there was also no "Your print is done!" message on the control panel.
This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last week, but prior to that there haven't been any (notable) issues.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or does anyone have any idea why it's happening?

Jetguy

Re: N2 Plus (v2 hot end) Stopped Printing

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Post your serial logs from the front panel computer. This is a 2 board system (has to be like the Nth time I've had to tell users that this week). The front panel pcDUino acts a print server and streams the gcode line by line to the motion control board over the USB cable between the 2 boards. If the motion board errors out due to a temperature sensing fault or other error, it should be detected by the front panel board and reporting in the serial logs. Normally this error state should be detected and the front panel should stop the print and display something.

So my first question beyond you posting the logs in a support ticket is that are you running the latest version of the front panel LCD firmware (Raisepack)? Now, that may not solve the underlying issue of why communications between the control boards stopped, or if you in fact have a real fault causing the motion board to go into a safety state. The point is, you cannot diagnose what error message you aren't seeing.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 pm

And this post contains both an explanation of a different but related situation and also the link to yet another thread about checking and knowing your versions of both boards firmware. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1666#p14003

This link is in this thread but also here it is directly.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1652#p13896

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Another related thread on logs, communications, and other errors between the 2 boards viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1214&p=11015&hilit=log#p11015

farrelcorp

Postby farrelcorp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Jetguy wrote: This is a 2 board system (has to be like the Nth time I've had to tell users that this week).

If it's a common thing to have to tell people, where does the problem lie?
thank you for taking the time to respond.
Jetguy wrote:The front panel pcDUino acts a print server and streams the gcode line by line to the motion control board over the USB cable between the 2 boards. If the motion board errors out due to a temperature sensing fault or other error, it should be detected by the front panel board and reporting in the serial logs. Normally this error state should be detected and the front panel should stop the print and display something.

see attached. disregard the date/timestamps. apparently I never bothered to set the correct date/time.
raisetouch-serial-825-20170223151203.log
(51.92 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Jetguy wrote: So my first question beyond you posting the logs in a support ticket is that are you running the latest version of the front panel LCD firmware (Raisepack)? Now, that may not solve the underlying issue of why communications between the control boards stopped, or if you in fact have a real fault causing the motion board to go into a safety state. The point is, you cannot diagnose what error message you aren't seeing.

No. I was not, I was using the LCD firmware it came with. I have since downloaded the latest and will install it shortly.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:22 am

Seems the log can't provide much information, since the logs will be erased when you reboot your machine.
May need to do some check with your screen board.
Can you please shoot a ticket with the serial number of your machine onto our ticket system? If you have pictures or video can show your problem, please attached together.

Return to “General”