Bumping or Skipping when printing?

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
chengl03

Bumping or Skipping when printing?

Postby chengl03 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi, so after I repack and transported my N2+ to my new place and started printing something happened when it has not happened before. I have the pictures below. It's either bumping or skipping or loose belt or loose bolt or something else, I hope you can help me out. Thanks.
Attachments
02.jpg
01.jpg

Wolfman

Re: Bumping or Skipping when printing?

Postby Wolfman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 am

I'm having a similar issue. Do you have a dual extruder? I think the second extruder is scratching the print. That's what's happening for me. I also checked the bed and it's not perfectly calibrated, like they want you to believe. I just got my printer a day ago.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 am

Does the same problem always happen on the same model but not on other models?
Or it always happens at the same position on different models?
Have you printed the same model before transport?

chengl03

Postby chengl03 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi, Wolfman, yes I have a dual extruder I think so too since I removed the second extruder but I also did a y and x axis check and seems like some screws were not tight and a one ring on the a screw kinda bent so I fixed it as best as I can then when I tried to screw it back on, no matter how long I screw it on it would not become tight so I switch it with the screw next to it and it finally screwed on tight. I don't know if this solved the problem or cause of the second extruder as I decided to remove it at the same time, now I don't see it anymore.

Hi, Vicky, it only happened to this model and at the same place. I only reprinted twice and this is a different model before transporting and I did what I said to Wolfman after the second print, no I don't see it anymore. But after transporting it has been oozing and creating blobs and zits more because before transport there were less to no oozing and no blobs and zits at all. I don't know if it's something happen when when I transported or updated Ideamaker (I see some comments on the community saying the cause of defected prints is of the software as before they updated it, it printed fine). I tried z-hop and it did not help much.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 am

Which screws were abnormal and which one did you adjusted and removed?
Do you have other files which have the same size of this one or bigger than this to help whether the problem happen at the same place?
May I ask the gcode file and stl file of this?

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 pm

For me it seems like the center of the build area was higher than the corners. Almost like a bulge. When I first started the printer, there was zero gap between the nozzles and the table in the center and 0.2mm gap in the corners. I have since adjusted the center per the instructions, but I'm still getting the rubbing and hitting issue of the nozzles.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm

some of that is unavoidable, center will always bulge up some when heated as its always a bit warmer than the sides

addendum AND all rods will sag slightly when the weight is in the middle. With our big 8mm rods the sag is slight, someone calculated it to be about 60um IIRC
Last edited by walshlg on Sun May 21, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun May 21, 2017 9:15 am

I had this problem on large prints. I watched it for ages and noticed the extruder was moving long before the bed started to lower. Almost as if the settings where the wrong way around. The extruder would move to the new start point and drag across the already printed area.

Return to “General”