Audible Tone

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
StacyMathews

Audible Tone

Postby StacyMathews » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:32 pm

I recently purchased the n2 Plus. So far printing is going well, but I cant figure out what the audible tone that keeps going off is. Sort of a long beep. It is a little annoying and can be heard through out the house. My question is: what is it for and is there a way to turn it off?

Thank you

Jetguy

Re: Audible Tone

Postby Jetguy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Being that there is no beeper or speaker anywhere in any Raise 3D series, either it's something else beeping or you are hearing the normal sounds of steppers moving. Again, unless they made a change, and forget to tell me/us, I literally have the control boards beside me right now for firmware and software development and there is nothing on the control boards or power supply that can beep.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Again, stepper motors make some noises during rapid acceleration and since they are attached to the frame and the N series has big panels- you might interpret that as a tone.

Make a video and post somewhere if you want to be able to have us diagnose further. This is mostly users helping other users in the group- not dedicated tech support, although they pop in and respond to messages often.

StacyMathews

Postby StacyMathews » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Man I feel stupid. Found it. My Battery back-up is beeping. Thanks for the reply. It made me look elsewhere.

Return to “General”