Orb Polymer out of business ???

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
petermake3d

Orb Polymer out of business ???

Postby petermake3d » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Orb Polymer has ceased communication with vendors and customers. I place a large $ order with them in December and they took my money but I have not heard from them since. Phone calls go unanswered and emails are now bouncing back.

Anyone know whats going on?

Its a shame since Orb was my favorite brand of filament.

Helipilot

Re: Orb Polymer out of business ???

Postby Helipilot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Is this true. I also love there products.
Which filament is similar to Orb?
Raise 3D N2 Dual purchased Aug 9th 2016

deckedout3d

Postby deckedout3d » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm

I have the presidents personal cell phone number, Joe Jibrail 832-722-6927 (enjoy). And i too have not been able to get in touch with them for the last 6 weeks. I placed dozens of orders with them in 2016 and built up a good repor with them. Then in 2017 i placed two larger orders and i received one box that stated "box 1 of 4" and i have not received or heard anything since. i have emailed their team, left voice mails on both joes phone number and their HQ number. And the only time i got though to someone, they hung up on me when i told them my issue.

At this point i have been leaving them messages everday for almost 4 weeks straight and im certain im being ignored, but why? if they are going out of business, i will be contacting my CC and disputing charges.

Did either of you get anywhere with your issues? I am very blown away at their lack of customer service so something has had to of happened. Which is a shame because i loved their product!!!.

MeanGreenMotha

Postby MeanGreenMotha » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:19 pm

I signed up on the forum just to share my experience here:

I, too, loved their product and ordered a whole bunch of stuff from them in the last year. This year, i placed an order for 3 rolls of PLA. I received a box with 2 of the 3 rolls, and one marked "Back order" on the receipt. The website showed 100+ quantity in stock of what I ordered, which I thought was odd. I emailed them 5 times over the next 3 weeks and didn't hear anything.

I decided that they weren't going to respond, so I contacted the BBB to report them to see if maybe they could get some information. I filed a complaint, requesting my other spool or a refund. a couple days later I got an email from orb polymer asking whether I wanted my filament or a refund. I responded, and have not heard back since in over a week.

I recommend anyone having issues file complaints with the BBB, that seems to get their attention, albeit temporarily.

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 am

BBB doesn't do anything really. better to contact the FTC or the AG for their state. given that it is interstate commerce, FTC is probably the better choice.

I've had a simular issue with the people who made our camera. I signed up for their service, which never really worked. they had no way to cancel it. in theory, deleting the account was supposed to cancel it but it didn't stop the charges. fortunately for me that debit card expired and i switched it out for a new number.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Return to “General”