N2 Feed back and Perforated bed file

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Mike101

N2 Feed back and Perforated bed file

Postby Mike101 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 am

Hi All,

I've been using the N2 plus for about 6 months now and finding it to be a good machine.
I had a few issues when first using it. Coming from a Zortax the N2 required a lot more effort to get the results you want. How ever once you understand the N2, the quality of the prints is fantastic. The touch screen is great to work with and its great that you can access other info/screens while the machine is printing.

95% of my prints is done with Z-ABS, as we also have M200. I've also used HIPS and I've even managed to do some nice prints with TPU.
Once you learn the in's and out's of Ideamaker you can get some really great prints.
Rarely do I have a failed print, I did have some issues in the beginning but once i removed the RHS nozzle its been fine.
I started out using buildtak but after about 20 prints it bubbles and cause the prints to fail. After breaking the built plate while trying to remove the buildtak. I paid a local company $300 to make my up a build plate like the Zortax. Its made from F4 board and works much better than glass and buildtak. I've attached a pic and dxf file for others to get made up, a few extra clips on the side to hold it flat is a must.

There are several things that Raise3d need to improve for this machine to be a great Printer.

The dual nozzle set up is not the best, I rarely run the RHS nozzle as it would often snag the part causing it to break off. Mainly the support material but once you loosen the support your print will fail. If the LH and RH nozzles could be raised and lowed like ultimaker 3 this would fix all the problems with snagging prints.
Improve in bed leveling/sensing is a must, if you had a system like the M200 with touch pads this would improve the maintenance issues. Saying that once you have it set you will fined that you dont need to adjust it unitl you need to remove the hotend.
Perforated bed is a must this will eliminate the builttak, and is much easier to remove parts from.

I really like the N2 plus and would like to see Raise3d bring out an upgrade kit in the future to help improve this printer. The N2 has a really good base to become the best printer on the market.

Thanks

Mike
Attachments
IMG_5068.JPG
Build Plate.zip
(268.74 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

3D MAKE

Re: N2 Feed back and Perforated bed file

Postby 3D MAKE » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm

I also have a Zortrax, and I appreciate very much the Raise the z software suite has a work very convenient, that idea Maker does not, the ability to vary the size of contours and holes, really comfortable.

Zortrax also has the option to switch off the LED, or buzzer warns that the beginning and the end of printing, over the hour counter, but they are all things that will have Raise.

Honestly I have never had the problems that you have said, and the pot should never be adjusted.
If you have adhesion problems you have to control the distance between nozzle and plate.

Mike101

Postby Mike101 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm

These printer are running everyday, and fast clocking up hours. I dont think the buildtak can handle parts being removed when the bed it still warm. I had issues with parts being difficult to remove from the bed. After adjusting the Z offset it was easier but then the larger flat ABS parts would not stick to the bed and curl up. The Perforated board it 10 times better than buildtak for large parts and much easier to remove the parts as well.

Phife

Postby Phife » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:41 am

Try PEI, You'll never need anything else..

michaelhauser

Postby michaelhauser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

What thickness is your FR4 sheet? Thanks.

Return to “General”