Webcam

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Tigerchick

Webcam

Postby Tigerchick » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi, I just installed the webcam on my N2 plus and I am doing my first print with it installed. Unless I am missing something this webcam will not record video of the printing it just takes pictures every so often. I was really expecting this camera to record video of the print. I wanted to post videos of my prints but doesn't seem like this does that. Will it do that at some point or did I waste my money? Will I have to buy a different webcam if I want to post videos of my prints.

Thanks,

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Webcam

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 am

Please press the little tool icon in camera page on touchscreen to check whether you have enabled Timelapse.
And the video is related to print task, it will only be shown on the screen in dashboard after print completes and under ideaMaker remote control.
To export Timelapses out, you need enable the permission to do it under Privacy and Security page under More Settings.

Tigerchick

Postby Tigerchick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 am

Thanks that worked. Now I was able to get the files off the printer but now I can not view them. What are we suppose to use to view the videos? Is there a particular program that Raise recommends to view the exported videos? So far I am not overly thrilled with this camera. I was wanting to post videos to youtube of my prints to share with people and so far this camera has made that very difficult.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 am

http://www.avi-mp4.com/mp4/mjpeg-to-mp4.htm
This software can help you convert the video to be mp4 type. We will upgrade the video file to be mp4 type from the next version of RaiseTouch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “General”