Warping With PLA and ABS on Right Front Only

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
DomeMaster

Warping With PLA and ABS on Right Front Only

Postby DomeMaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:36 am

Printer: PRO 2 PLUS
I am having an issue where any printing with ABS or PLA lifts up at the Southeast corner (Right front) of print. The rest of print sticks hard and flat. PLA is more forgiving and just the brim or outer edge curls under (outside pulling in) as it's printed on that corner of print in first layer. Size does not matter. Absolute location does not matter.
I hypothesized that it is an air flowing across plate. Meaning, there is air crossing the build plate that should not be. I am one step away from from disconnecting the HEPA fan on the back. I found a gap under the front door at the top of the magnetic door seal so I taped up the door and the curling reduced quite a bit but is still an issue. It's like a stream of air is flowing in from right front.
I would like to know:
1) Where does the HEPA filtered fan expect its incoming air to flow? I find it may be struggling and every seam is sucking in air.
2) Is it possible there is a heater issue where the build plate is not down all the way on that quadrant of build plate?
3) Does the plate heater have quadrants?

Warp Right Front.jpg

DomeMaster

Re: Warping With PLA and ABS on Right Front Only

Postby DomeMaster » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:33 pm

I increased ABS temperature to 110C on plate and it sticks like concrete. I also found that the extruder temperature temperature was bouncing all over when print head moved around. I tightened screws for thermocouples and thermistors. Working fine for the moment.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Would like to recommend you to move the print head around manual when printer is idle and check whether the nozzle temperature shown on the screen changes or not. If it is still not stable and jumping a lot, please contact our support at http://help.raise3d.com.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am

Install digital gauge and measure your bed plate... reference points also. Mine was warped and still working and sitting down sometimes. I'm checking it often.

Return to “General”