Forum Rule

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
John@Raise3D

Forum Rule

Postby John@Raise3D » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Welcome to the Raise3D forums

This forum is a place for people to communicate, share information, discuss the inner workings of printing and provide feedback on the Raise3D printer lines. We would like all of our users to stay civil and calm in the discussion of 3D printing. Being that this is a public forum made to discuss 3D printing we have a few rules we would like our users to abide to.

Please know that the following could lead to suspension or banning of an account for any length of time. The prohibited information includes but is not limited to:
-Trash ads
-Offensive language
-Adult information, pictures and video
-Terror threats

Please know that Raise3D reserves the right to delete any posts deemed offensive or harmful to the community.

Zettlinger

Re: Forum Rule

Postby Zettlinger » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Now if we only had a like button , i would press it ;)

michaelhauser

Postby michaelhauser » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:43 pm

@John, did you guys delete Jetguy's posts, and if so, why?

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:44 pm

I think he did it himself

michaelhauser

Postby michaelhauser » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

@Zettlinger, I think so too, but given that R3D posted this rule so soon afterward, I think it's a reasonable question.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:42 pm

No, Raise 3D did not delete my posts. I deleted them all in the interest of de-escalating the conflict. Any specific relevant content such as the hardware list, a few other posts like V2 instructions, were saved (locally to word documents) and will be reposted in a Wiki structure rather than getting buried in a forum structure and trashed up with comments.

In fact, this forum structure has some rules around deleting your own post. If anyone replies to any of your posts, you cannot delete it as a forum structure rule. This forces you to go to each and every single post, edit it, remove any content, and you cannot hit save with it blank- hence the word "Deleted".

Raise 3D did appear to remove some other posts deemed to be offensive. I'll leave it at that.

Raise 3D was not in any way asking me to delete anything, in fact, I'm sure they have great issue with me removing the content, but again, I reviewed every post, made a determination if it was one time content (user asking a single question that is a point in time) VS informational posts that contained instructions, details, and other information that would be better served in static webpage under a menu system of content. It's not gone, it's just going to be better organized and accessible (folks already complaining search doesn't work well here).

Truth be told, some of this needed to happen sooner than later.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Clarification is required from Raise3D:

Vicky (who I appreciate very much) just posted in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=684

That the community is not allowed to post exported BIN file of profile settings into the community.

Admins @ Raise3D, Please explain when did Raise3D notify the community that we are not allowed to post the BIN file of settings? And why isn't that documented in the community forum rules?

Personally, it would seem to me, If you write software that allows you to export settings, it should be assumed by any reasonable user of that software that the export file is shareable. Otherwise, why have the export & import profile feature.

Plus, If profile settings are not shareable here, would Raise3D prefer we build a independent community elsewhere?

In general this community is why I haven't shelved our N2 Dual. (however I am starting to debate that decision right now)

If the rules are going to be changed, that's expected, I respectfully suggest Raise3D notify everyone by posting a forum rule change vs. burying it down in a thread, that few will read or notice.

Again no disrespect to Raise3D admins or specifically Vicky, just trying to understand & play by the forum rules.
Composite Build Plate for N2 Printers
http://www.newriver.io

theRenegade

Postby theRenegade » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Michael, I have read Vickys post different. I think the forum software does not allow this filetype and this has good reasons (binary files on forums are hazard to some operating systems).

You could rename the .bin file to .somethingElse and try this.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Very valid point theRenegade.

The forum software does not allow .bin extension uploads.

If that is what Vicky implied, it was lost on me... and that would also mean that

"This community is not allow to upload .bin file. If you need, please PM your mail address to me. I can export my ABS template for you."

should actually be

"The community forum software does not allow files with the .bin extension to be uploaded."

however it does appear that its not an exclusion list as much as it is an allow list.
Attachments
Speed - N2 - PLA-export extension is bin.txt
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Speed - N2 - PLA-export copy.txt
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 am

Fortunately for me, another user exported the templates, zipped them up and posted them for me to download. I won't post their name here, but anybody could look through some of the messages and figure out who they are. Hopefully, Vicky was indicating that the forum software didn't allow for the posting of .bin filetypes. Sometimes its hard to correctly understand the meaning of something when it is written and there is no chance for a dialog to clarify any unintended misunderstandings. Since I am married to someone who speaks 3 languages fluently (English is spoken fluently but is not the native language), I experience some small language misunderstandings on a regular basis and all I have to say is that I totally appreciate all the help that we get from the Raise employees, I know that English is probably not their native language and they do an incredible job of communicating technical details in a foreign (to them probably) language. I might be wrong here, but since I have spoken to a few different Raise employees over the phone, both in the US and in China, I *think* what we're seeing in this example is probably one of those times where there is a misunderstanding due to a difference in language.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:13 am

That should be my fault. I'm sorry for my poor English expressing.
I just wanted to say that this forum not allowed to share such filetype. It's not related to rule here.

It's my fault. I apologize.

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:45 am

Vicky,

No worries. Your English is infinitely better than our Chinese :)

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:02 am

Vicky, I appreciate all of your explanations and posts, so thank you and all the others @Raise3D. I just wanted clarification so as not to get into trouble.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:23 am

Thank you for your guys' encouragement. :)

Return to “General”