5 Months and I think I have it down

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
GQQSER

5 Months and I think I have it down

Postby GQQSER » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:42 pm

I was a complete novice with 3D printing. I never owned a 3D printer before I bought my Raise3D N2+. I am from the mold that says if I want to stick with it, I am going to have to have some skin in the game financially. That is why after reading the reviews, talking to my buddy who has a N2, and reading some articles about build volumes, I decided to jump in head first...and it wasn't pretty.
I made every mistake a novice would make. I broke a neck V2 hot end, I broke 2- glass print beds with buildtak on them. I broke several fans on the extruder. I dismantled the hot end more times than I care to say. I installed the fans backwards, I did everything imaginable. I had days where my buyers remorse was so bad, I just wanted to give the printer away and take my loss.
Then, after all that, everything changed. As if there was some cosmic 3DPrinter god that looked down on me and thought I had finally paid my dues. That I was worthy of the consistent 3Dprint. Suddenly after months of agonizing, frustrating and sometimes depressing print fails, I was getting consistent perfect prints. Overnight, over weekends, 2 weeks at a time, consistent great quality prints...I have found the promised land...and it is good.
I want thank everyone here that has helped my along the way. Customer support actually helped a lot as well. I am now printing commercial grade parts that are consistent quality and with repeatability. I have come to appreciate my Raise3D printer.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: 5 Months and I think I have it down

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Appreciate all your patience to try a totally new area and share your great experience with us.

DeftCAD

Re: 5 Months and I think I have it down

Postby DeftCAD » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:06 am

That's really good to read. Made me smile actually because I'm fairly confident you're not the only one who's been through this kind of learning curve! I did it with a Makerbot some years ago then after leaving that company and a spell without a printer I bought a second-hand printer myself. There were days I wanted to take a big hammer to it and quit. After about a year I upgraded to an N2: I had some issues but to be fair most I caused (took many hours to realise the importance of a heat break!) and now I only tend to have failures when I'm using novel filaments or pushing the settings - again, not the printer's fault. I'm very happy with my machine. I've had it almost a year; it's definitely paid for itself in on-demand jobs, it's made loads of prototypes, saving lead times and money, it's made functional parts and I know a local company has just bought a Raise machine after seeing the quality of a job I did for them.

Return to “General”