Ideamaker center point different from printer

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
GQQSER

Ideamaker center point different from printer

Postby GQQSER » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm

I am using a N2+ Dual head extruder. When I bring a file into Ideamaker and perfectly center it to the (on screen) print platform it does not print that way in the printer. It starts to the left of center and down from center on the actual print platform in the printer. Therefore I cannot make 305mm prints because the print head leaves the platform on the left side by about 2mm, although the right edge of the circle is more like 42mm to the left of the right hand side of the print bed and approx 45mm from the back of the print bed.

Essentially the center is down and to the left compared to Ideamaker.

Before anyone says to shift the build platform, I can do that left to right, but not up and down because of the clips and it shouldn't be doing this and I want to keep it as it is supposed to work, not rig it to work.

What am I doing wrong?
ideamaker.JPG

N2 print surface.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ideamaker center point different from printer

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:02 am

The reason why you see the model printed more left than it shows in ideaMaker is the remaining right space is left for right nozzle. As there have 25mm physical offset between the two nozzles.

Which means if you want to adjust the center of model on plate, moving the plate physical a few mm should can help.

BTW, have you enabled Skirt, Brim or Raft? Which will be not able to print with model with full XY volume.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 am

I have the same problem but with Y axis. Graphics is Idea Maker centered but psychical offset to front about 10 mm or more.

GQQSER

Postby GQQSER » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Vicky that answers the x axis, how about the y axis?

Also, I do not use a raft, skirt or brim when printing. I have seen no need to do so.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:18 am

Y direction starts from the front. Which has about 35mm empty space not being used at the back side, which is for extruder motor being block by the cover at the top.

Return to “General”