The grass isn't always greener

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Jetguy

The grass isn't always greener

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Yes, I'm hard on all 3D printer companies, not just Raise 3D.
So the latest example to hit my Facebook feed this morning, a video of a brand spanking new Ultimaker S5, the one that competes with the new Pro2 series. Hands down this is a pathetic print with signs of serious extruder problems. This is 0.2mm layer height, but that's not the iissue, in the edge and print in general, you can see skipped lines of extrusion. This is sad and pathetic on a $6k machine.
https://www.facebook.com/designbox3d/vi ... 611612083/

Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png

Korni

Re: The grass isn't always greener

Postby Korni » Thu May 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Yes, not fine. I can not decide between Ultimaker S5, LeapFrog Bolt Pro and Raise3D Pro2. But would immediately take the Zortrax M300 IF quickly a PLUS version would appear. Thought the S5 would be the top star ..

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Now in fairness, any printer can jam. My point was more about the person making the video as a promotion for them as a reseller of the machine, bragging about the quality. It's just so bad, it's comical. I mean seriously, the gall to keep bragging about what a great print it is in the video. This is the kind of issue I have with the 3D printing industry at large, holding a common standard of what is good and what is just flat out ridiculous. Again, just this is a reseller, who says they consult about 3D printing, and this is a video they post and brag about. Do you want these guys as your tech support?

DS2017

Postby DS2017 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

That's too bad about the video. But that's just user ignorance. I'm sure Ultimaker make good printers. The Ultimaker prints people post online attest to that. And that goes for any other printer. In the end it all comes down to the user's familiarity with 3d printing and electronics.

We also have three CR-10s. They are $500 each. The bed size is the same and the prints that come out of it are just as good as our N2+. They have their own issues but they work great. But I still like my N2+ more because of all its quality-of-life perks. Is it worth the price increase for how much more I get? I can buy SIX CR-10s for ONE N2+. But money talk is different for everyone (luckily for me my firm pays for everything haha).

Return to “General”